QUÉBEC | ONTARIO
The civil - marine technician is a hybrid role which combines AutoCAD drafting tasks within the office settings with construction supervision services which will be executed in the field for various civil - marine projects in Quebec or Ontario. This is an opportunity which brings best of both worlds for people who would like to be settled in an office, while kept being assigned on short, mid-, or longer-term construction projects on site, at various locations in Quebec or Ontario. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the realization of a variety of projects in the Quebec province as well as in all of Canada for different types of maritime and port terminals (bulk, containers), different types of ports (commercial, industrial, fishing, pleasure, tourist) and other projects in the field of maritime engineering.
We are looking to fill two positions - one based in Québec and another based in Ontario. The individual can be based in any city in Ontario or Québeec.
- Perform AutoCAD 2D / Civil 3D drafting of WSP Ports Marine and Coastal Projects as part of larger drafting team.
- Creating base plans from topographic survey information
- Preparing design packages at varies stages including conceptional drawings, detailed design drawings and post construction drawings.
- Prepare material and quantity take offs at varies stages of design.
- Actively participate in the design and provide input to the design team throughout the design process.
- Act as field inspector on behalf of WSP in various civil - marine projects by taking on short-, medium- and longer-term assignments within Quebec.
- Reporting the WSP Project Manager,
- Ensure that construction work is performed in accordance with the contract plans and specifications. Monitoring the constructed product for quality assurance.
- Understanding and interpreting the requirements and details of the contract drawings and specifications.
- Understand and interpret the requirements and details of the contract drawings and specifications.
- Inspecting the work, materials, means, and methods used in construction.
- Employing measuring and testing techniques in assessing contract compliance.
- Identifying and acting on any site, contractual and regulatory infractions.
- Assisting with the administration of the construction contracts.
- Tracking and reporting on the status of inspection activities.
- Maintaining daily records of construction activity and progress.
- Civil Engineering diploma or degree from a recognized College or University.
- Certification as an Engineering Technologist is an asset;
- 5-10 years hands on experience in the design and construction of civil - maritime projects
- AutoCAD 2D / Civil 3D Drafting skills in civil - maritime design projects
- Site quality control and construction inspection experience in civil - maritime projects
- Must have a good understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, and regulations for construction projects, as well as the safety policies and procedures applicable to the construction project.
- Must possess sound judgement; strong organizational, administrative, observational and problem solving skills; effective interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills;
- French Speaker, bilingual preferred
- Valid drivers license
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Maintenance and Technicians