WSP is seeking Marine Structural Engineers in Canada with a passion for technical project delivery to join our Canadian Ports Coastal and Marine practice. A role that combines technical delivery, understanding and meeting client expectations, the successful candidate will be responsible for executing ports and marine projects and being a key member of the Canadian ports and marine team. A day in the life:
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Build analytic and design skills,
- Managing large multi-disciplined projects and teams,
- Use computer software as a tool for solving structural engineering problems,
- Create designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final working drawings.
- Read and interpret structural, architectural and civil drawings, specifications, and design requirements related to industrial and commercial applications.
- Managing site visits / inspections,
- Checking safety of teams and reviewing field inspections reports,
- Review safe work practices and safety procedures, including planning prior to field work.
- Manage the performance marine structural design work scopes independently, including docks, jetties, trestles, berthing and mooring dolphins. Ensure that all structural engineering deliverables comply with applicable local and international codes and standards.
- Work closely with geotechnical engineers and review geotechnical subsurface investigation reports and use information to prepare structural design recommendations.
- Perform work in accordance with agreed budget and schedule and client requirements,
- Mentoring and development of junior engineers in the group.
- Ensure all project documentation and deliverables are reviewed in accordance with corporate quality management procedures and provincial/local professional requirements
- Registered as a P.Eng. or eligible to register as a P.Eng. immediately.
- A minimum of 10 years of full-time engineering work experience.
- Detailed knowledge of structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and timber design.
- Working knowledge of design/building codes such as the National Building Code of Canada, CSA A23, S6, S16, AISC Manual of Steel Construction, ACI 318, the International Building Code, and ASCE 7.
- Detailed experience with structural analysis software including STAAD Pro, SAP 2000 and technical software tools such as MathCAD, Tedds etc.
- Proficiency with computer software such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Desire to provide excellent practical client service and a passion for technical excellence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated experience in writing technical reports and general project correspondence
- A strong commitment to safety and sustainability initiatives
- French English language proficiency an asset
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.