At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
We are currently seeking a Consultant or Senior Consultant with an operational risk management profile to join our Financial Risk Management team. The candidate will provide consulting services in non-financial risk management and participate in various projects with financial institutions (Banking & Insurance). What you will do
You will work closely with the Risk Management practice on major projects and will contribute to business development. The chosen candidate will:
What you bring to the role
- Work on several engagements and deliverables at a time and with tight deadlines.
- Coordinate a variety of risk management projects to add value.
- Review the analysis and deliverables produced by the execution team to ensure quality.
- Write detailed reports setting out the approach, observations and recommendations.
- Make presentations to prospective clients and participate in conferences for business development purposes.
- Prepare proposals to meet clients' business needs.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree or post-graduate diploma in Finance, Management, or a field related to risk management.
- Extensive experience in Operational Risk Regulations and Guidelines (Basle Accords)
- In-depth knowledge of Operational Risk Framework Implementation (Governance, Identification and Assessment of Risks, Quantification, Reporting)
- In-depth knowledge of Capital Charge Calculation Methods and quantification of Operational Risk (Advanced Measurement Approach).
- Sound Knowledge of principles for sound management of Operational Risk.
- Experience with the implementation of the three lines of defense model.
- Client focus to understand the issues and recommend value-added solutions.
- Able to perform well under pressure, manage projects and budgets well.
- Initiative, ability to work independently and leadership.
- Excellent analytical skills, thoroughness and ability to synthesize.
- Excellent communication skills French (spoken and written).
- Available to travel to meet clients and project needs.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite software, computer and programming skills (an asset).
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .
Management and Executive