At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The opportunity
Do you want to work in a dynamic and stimulating environment? This offer is for you!
With the objective of continuing to grow and realize its full potential, our practice in the Montreal office is looking for a Manager or Senior Manager with experience in regulatory compliance to help him develop his service offering and grow his team.
In compliance with legislation and sound regulatory risk management in the industry, we work with clients to identify, manage and mitigate their regulatory compliance risk exposures. What you will do
You will be involved in a variety of projects with clients in regulatory compliance.
You will work closely with the partners in the practice and contribute to business development. Also, as a regulatory compliance Manager or Senior Manager, you will have the following responsibilities:
For our clients operating in highly regulated sectors such as banks, insurance companies, securities brokers, asset managers:
More generally, you will have to:
- Provide them with oversight guidance, establishing the governance structure, risk management oversight, roles and responsibilities of the various stakeholders, in order to build a robust and sustainable risk management program,
- Help organizations integrate compliance risk management into their processes,
- Supporting senior management in transmitting the compliance culture to their employees,
- Support the lines of defense in charge of deploying compliance programs,
- Assessing risks across the organization,
- Helping our clients gain a comprehensive view of regulatory compliance,
- Assisting clients in various regulatory risk management engagements, including, risk appetite identification, process identification, evaluation of the design and effectiveness of controls in place to ensure compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements,
- Act as a consultant on regulatory compliance so that we can provide services in accordance with best practices, legislative and regulatory requirements,
- Participate in the implementation of integrated risk management and/or be a driving force within a compliance department,
- Lead a team of consultants while ensuring that the quality of the team's deliverables meets KPMG's standards of excellence and client needs,
- Coach and train team members,
- Act as a point of contact with clients to deepen existing relationships,
What you bring to the role
- Contribute to business development activities to well position KPMG's Advisory Services on regulatory compliance, both regionally and nationally,
- Increase the visibility of the practice by participating in events or writing articles related to risk management,
- Develop service offerings according to practice standards.
- Maintain a continuous awareness of emerging risks.
Keys to your success:
- At least 10 years of experience in regulatory compliance
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, law, criminology, finance, business, or related field.
- Master's degree in law or business an asset,
- Successful completion of the Chief Compliance Officer Qualifying Examination or other equivalent designation an asset,
- Knowledge of banking, insurance, securities brokerage, or asset management regulations,
- General understanding of governance and regulatory compliance,
- Have the willingness to contribute to internal development activities as well as to business development.
- Be customer-oriented, understand their issues and propose value-added solutions.
- Being comfortable with teamwork, coaching and relationship building.
- Be able to perform well under pressure and manage projects, resources, and budgets appropriately.
- Be autonomous, have a sense of initiative and priorities.
- Demonstrate great rigor and attention to details.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, Visio et PowerPoint).
- Excellent French verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce concise and structured presentations and reports.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .
Management and Executive