At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG LLP is the Canadian member firm of KPMG and has offices in 33 locations across Canada. The firm's more than 700 partners and 5,600 employees provide crucial services to many of the public and private business, not-for profit, and public-sector organizations in Canada.
In every economic environment, there are opportunities to create, enhance, and preserve value. Our Deal Advisory professionals help buyers, sellers, private equity investors, governments, and lenders in developing and executing on their value strategies.
By their nature, major transactions such as Merger & Acquisition (M&A) deals have more risk and reward than day-to-day business activity. It is important for our clients to understand the risks and rewards as well as possible by taking advice from experienced advisers - people who have done it before and know what to look for.
We offer our clients start-to-finish support in the acquisition process, including input on strategy, early identification of risk areas, coordination and execution of due diligence investigations (financial and commercial) and input and advice on contract terms geared to reduce risks. We also get involved in assisting our clients with a host of services surrounding closing the transaction and post-deal integration.
Our Deal Advisory team includes the following service lines: Transaction Services, Valuations, Corporate Finance, Restructuring & Turnaround, and Infrastructure Advisory.
Our clients are typically in this region are typically private corporates, private equity funds, as well as large public companies. Our people are motivated self-starters with expertise in finance, valuation, tax, accounting and financial reporting. Our network is global.
KPMG's Deal Advisory practice is continuing to grow and we are currently looking for professionals in our downtown Montreal office at the Manager level. What you will do
Working in multi-disciplinary teams, you will apply your professional and technical skills on a wide variety of transactions and at different stages of the transaction cycle. As Manager, Transaction Services, you will:
What you bring to the role
- Co-coordinate financial due diligence and provide M&A transaction support and advisory services to our clients.
- Interpret and analyze information memoranda, business plans, publicly available information on the target business
- Review and analyze historical trading, quality of earnings, cash flow, working capital, net debt, capital expenditure, forecasts and underlying assumptions
- Review the adequacy of financing structure including review of agreements and consideration of limits, terms and covenants
- Evaluate potential synergies and post-merger integration considerations
- Report potential key issues for our clients including identification of risk or price factors impacting investment decisions
- Review sale and purchase agreements and financial model to reflect findings of the due diligence process
- Develop, train and coach junior team members through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Deliver exceptional client service by maximizing results and driving high performance from people, while also fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships as a representative of KPMG Deal Advisory
- Understand key objectives for clients and KPMG, and align people to them to set appropriate priorities and direction
- All in the context of serving clients in the financial services sector, in Quebec and in Canada .
Keys to your success
- Must have a professional designation (CPA, CA); having begun the CBV or CFA is an asset.
- Must be able to achieve government security clearance
- 2+ years of transactional services experience and 5+ years of total experience of accounting and/or finance experience in a consulting and/or corporate environment including:
- Financial services (banking, insurance, asset management, wealth management, payments, leasing and/or fintech, or a demonstrated interest for the sector
- Financial due diligence or M&A analysis and report writing
- Identification of issues and factors impacting valuations
- Financial statement interpretation and analysis, including an understanding of the application of and compliance with GAAP
- Review on target projects and formulate deal rationale and strategy
- Professional report writing and presentation skills to assist in preparing pitch documents e.g. proposals and presentations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management and manage engagement teams and client deliverables, applying your professional and technical skills on a wide variety of transactions.
- Experience with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership.
- Corporate Development, financial modelling and analytics experience an asset
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally as required
- Business fluency in French to ensure communication with internal and external stakeholders
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .