A career in our Risk Modeling Services practice will provide you with the opportunity to contribute general insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, banks, regulators, and third party administrators. You'll provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modelling, underwriting, new legislation, and the efficiency of claims or reporting processes. Simply put, you might help analyse the impact that new regulation will have on an insurance company's balance sheet or you could be revising businesses' projections and making sure they have adequate reserves. Our team helps insurers address new financial reporting requirements by assessing the financial and business impacts of regulations, building implementation plans, and implementing relevant requirements, particularly across areas of financial reporting change.
A career in our Risk Modelling Services (RMS) team as a Life Actuary, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute risk modeling and general insurance advice and consulting services to clients across all sectors. You'll provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modeling, underwriting, reserving, new legislation, and the efficiency of claims or reporting processes. You will also have the opportunity to work with other professionals within PwC leveraging the latest in technology to help solve client challenges. With us, you will have a clear career path, leaders who care about and support your development and goals. We focus on offering diverse learning and development opportunities to produce well-rounded professionals.Meaningful work you'll be part of
As a Risk Modelling Services, Actuarial Life Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supporting a broad range of consulting services and audit support assignments. Consulting services involve working closely with senior actuaries on Appointed Actuary and actuarial liability valuation work, capital review and analysis, advisory services on IFRS 17, M&A related consulting, product development, and a variety of other consulting work
• External audit engagements include examination and review of valuation methodologies and assumptions, valuation processes and data, experience studies, FCT reports and regulatory capital reporting.
• Working on Simplified Solutions for IFRS 17, insurance systems modernization, model governance and AXIS modeling
• Collaborating, planning and executing cross-functional projects with people outside of your core discipline including Advisory, Deals, Assurance, Tax and Data & Analytics
• Leading and supporting teams in completing engagements
• Coaching and providing technical training to junior staff to deliver results Experiences and skills you'll use to solve
• Demonstrated strong technical skills using Moody's AXIS and MS Office suite
• Working knowledge of IFRS 17, investment, hedging, stochastic modeling, segregated funds, participating products or product development considered an asset
• FCIA, or close to attaining FCIA or FSA
• Prior experience within a consulting or advisory role is an asset
• Proven ability working with data analytic tools (Tableau, Alteryx, VBA) considered an asset
• Exceptional commitment to providing excellent client service, by building and maintaining productive relationships with both internal and external clients
• Advanced analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple, concurrent priorities and work effectively under tight timelines
• Previous experience in coaching and directing engagement/project teams
• Excellent project management skills and ability to manage relationships at all levels within PwC and within the client's organization
• Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain complex actuarial concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
• The successful candidate requires fluency in English, in addition to French as they will be required to support or collaborate with English-speaking clients, colleagues and/or stakeholders during the course of their employment with PwC Canada
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside and/or coaching diverse people and perspectives Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This meaningful work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. The most connected firm through activity based working
PwC Canada is committed to cultivating an inclusive, hybrid work environment - one that is collaborative, supportive and productive. We work in-person and virtually, as is best suited for our clients, teams and people. We want you to be intentional with your work, how you do it and where it's done. PwC offices are hubs of connectivity and learning. We strongly encourage our people to prioritise in-person work, whether it's in the office or at a client site. This means we expect you to be in-person (either with clients or in the office) at least half of your time. We know that hybrid work is all about balance, and capturing the benefits of in-person work is essential to your growth at the firm. Exact expectations for your team can be discussed with your interviewer.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.