FLEXIBLE LOCATIONS - MONTREAL REGION
Reporting to the Project Control Manager, the bilingual
(French/English) Lead Planner will support the Project Manager in planning, scheduling, change management, project monitoring, and project control reporting.
The hands-on planner's main role will be establishing a Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) and monitoring the progress during all phases of projects. The successful candidate will also be required to generate initial schedules, develop detailed schedules, and create schedule impact scenarios (before and after), maintain baselines, provide inputs to schedule variance analysis as well as support the business development team with planning / scheduling needs during proposals development.
As a member of the national ERI group, you will have the opportunity to apply your training and experience to complex projects. You will be challenged to manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines, and maintain a very high level of quality. You will gain knowledge through available mentoring and training programs. Your professional development will be supported, and you will have the opportunity to obtain a PMP designation.
WSP supports employees by offering flexible work options and workplaces. New team members are expected to work according to a hybrid model involving a minimum of three (3) days in the office, depending on project requirements. WPS has multiple offices across the country, and relocation is not required. Occasional travel may be required at times. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform complete project planning for the entire life cycle of EP/EPCM/EPC projects.
- Conduct interactive planning sessions with the project team to establish a performance measurement baseline.
- Create, adjust, and assess the resource load/distribution.
- Develop a different level of schedule for the project and support the business development group during the tender phase.
- Conduct a critical path analysis to determine which deliverables are flexible and which cannot deviate from planned dates.
- Supervise intermediate and junior staff.
- Manage the expectations of internal and external customers and coach other team members in effective negotiation.
- Ability to work with internal and external clients to create integrated EPC/client schedules.
- Coordinate the planning team's operations as they carry out their assigned tasks.
- Identify potential impacts on the critical path and propose solutions/recommendations to mitigate risks.
- Contribute to the improvement of change management procedures.
- Provide technical support and work collaboratively with project managers to ensure that project schedule scenarios (what ifs) are developed in a satisfactory manner.
- Define the WBS and generate master schedule baseline for engineering, procurement, and construction operations.
- Work closely with other departments to prepare consistent and accurate data.
- Provide an analysis of the project's progress and proactively address potential impacts on costs and schedule impacts.
- Create a plan for assigning staff and tracking project hours to ensure that the required resources are available and allocated appropriately for the work completed.
- Identify the impact of project trends on costs and schedule, providing comprehensive and accurate impacts, including all cost categories (engineering, material, equipment, construction) as well as impacts on the schedule.
- Ensure that all project/discipline risks are addressed.
- Record risk items and update and maintain the risk registry.
- Must have advanced experience with Primavera P6 and regularly practise this skill.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills (French and English).
- Must master the earned Value Management guiding principles.
- Must be flexible and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understanding management of changes implications.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a planner/scheduler for Mining, Oil and Gas, Heavy industrial, Power or other major project types.
- Attention to detail is key.
- Valuable experience in planning is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Oracle system would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Power BI would be an asset.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Management and Executive