To ensure the efficient operation of WSPs internal Workplace services in the AMERICAS Hub, we are seeking a talented and experienced Operations Technical Lead. This role will be part of the IT Operations team and report to the IT Infrastructure Operations Manager in the designated Hub. The overall team is dedicated to support IT infrastructure operations which includes network, compute, cloud, and workplace systems and services. You will manage and maintain all aspects of Workplace operations with a primary focus on the services within the designated Hub. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
Related to Workplace services and infrastructure:
ACADEMIC AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Acting as senior agent representing all operational activities.
- Mentoring and providing oversight, coaching, and training to technical support staff.
- Guiding team members with troubleshooting technical issues.
- Supporting the specialists to manage, monitor, and tune overall service performance, stability, and security.
- Contributing to all operational activities as needed.
- Oversight and support of all related service supplier and/or manufacturer activities.
- Be the point of contact when it comes to technical escalations.
- On-board new technical support team members.
- Monitor service performance and report on metrics.
- Establish work specifications and technical direction.
- Actively work with the Build and Service Excellence teams to stay informed on service improvement opportunities, regulations, trends, emerging technologies, and best practices.
- Participate in a follow the sun model to ensure global support.
- Participate and collaborate in implementing redundant systems, policies, and procedures for business continuity.
- Participate and collaborate in implementing new requirements and/or new services.
- Participate and coordinate the work associated to preventive maintenance.
- Ability to provide on-call support and extended working hours when called on and willingness to accept periodic rotation.
The ideal candidate would meet all, or most of the below criteria:
SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES/ OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. Master's degree an asset.
- At least 8+ years relevant and practical experience in a Workplace operations role and technical leadership.
- Advanced in-depth and broad knowledge of Workplace services and infrastructure.
- Vendor certifications not a requirement, proven practical experience preferred.
- Experience working in large/global enterprise IT with multiple distributed branch/campus sites.
- Experience of working within ITIL aligned Service Management organisation.
- Knowledge of the core Microsoft services:
- Active Directory
- Exchange and Exchange Online
- Teams and SharePoint
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft 365 applications and services, including Intune and MDM.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager.
- Excellent written and spoken English is required.
- Competency in French or Spanish is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to interact with all layers of management, across Hub and workstream boundaries.
- Able to serve as a strategic advisor and contribute to overall IT service performance.
- Can translate complex business and technical needs into objectives and deliverables.
- Ability to work independently across multiple areas with general business direction, as needed.
- Strong ability to lead, coach, and mentor employees at all levels.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with excellent documentation abilities.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic problem-solving skills with the ability of providing solutions to highly complex problems.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding and demonstrating compliance with information security requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in performing information security practices in the management and delivery of infrastructure and operations.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.