What is the opportunity?
As an integral member of Wealth Management Services, your role as a Will and Estate Consultant is to work with Investment Advisors to provide consulting services to their clients, which can then be implemented in coordination with their own tax and legal professionals. This team of accredited professionals enables RBC advisors to deliver a level of integrated wealth management that previously was only available to the most affluent families.What will you do?
- Carry out client interview sessions
- Create comprehensive summary letters for clients recapping advice discussed in the session
- Participate with advisors in client / prospect seminars
- Stay current relative to pertinent legislation, policy, and risk management issues
- Develop and maintain relationships with other estate planning professionals both internal and external to RBC
- Proactively identify new business and referral opportunities for RBC where appropriate
- Foster a cohesive working environment across RBC to facilitate the seamless delivery of service to clients
- Maintain and report an accurate and complete record of activities and results
- Work with advisors in identifying appropriate opportunities
- Follow through and coordinate any actions that come out of the interview process (i.e. various internal and external consultants)
- Stay current on the business unit's strategy and client offeringsWhat do you need to succeed?Must-have
- Law degree and called to the Bar in one Canadian province or territory (including Québec for Civil Law component) or Notarial degree and member of La Chambre des notaires du Québec
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in field with advanced knowledge of Canadian legislation including planning of wills, estate and trust administration, and related tax rules and planning opportunities
- Good knowledge of various insurance products as estate planning tools
- Advanced knowledge of common law related to wills, estates, and trusts
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills in French and EnglishNice-to-have
- Experience in the trust and estate field
- Knowledge of insurance planning and solutions
- STEP membershipWhat's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging workJoin our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .JOB SUMMARY City:
1 Place Ville Marie Work Hours/Week:
37.5 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Permanent Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Salary + Variable Bonus Required Travel (%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
Wealth Management Req ID:
Management and Executive