129 rue St-Jacques O
Job Family Group:
Retail Banking Sales & ServicePosition:
Temporally (12 months), Remote (work from home)Schedule:
candidates must be flexible to work from Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 7pm.
Understands customer needs and delivers an exceptional customer experience to a defined portfolio of client relationships. Understands client & business trends and acts as a source of information & expertise on personal banking for a specific market segment/specialty. Understands the local market and identifies opportunities to develop new and valuable opportunities to acquire new customers for BMO Financial Group. Meets the needs of portfolio clients and for new prospects by recommending solutions in the best interests of clients.
- Knows the local market and proactively develops relationships with centres of influence.
- Establishes and enhances the Bank's profile by participating in meaningful and focused business and community activities; seeks out and creates opportunities to generate new business.
- Contributes expertise Personal Banking business plans by sharing and referring new business opportunities.
- Coordinates with key BMO partners to offer a One Bank experience to clients and prospects.
- Manages a portfolio effectively by developing & implementing a business plan focused on identifying client needs and opportunities that will result in meeting or exceeding sales and service targets. Reviews and monitors sales, revenue and service performance against plan, identify gaps, and shares best practices.
- Monitors plans on an ongoing basis to reflect opportunities and changes in the assigned portfolio and competitive local market; develops and executes actions plans to address any challenges.
- Creates opportunities when resolving problems and escalations to make each client's experience meaningful and demonstrate that the relationship is valued.
- Performs comprehensive analysis required to assess financial health of business relationship and customer relationships.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Leverages technology and tools to effectively deliver Personal Banking products and services, and identify and refer profitable sales opportunities.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of Personal Banking products, processes, and relevant legal, regulatory and technology requirements and communicate with deal team members on these issues.
- Address questions & resolve issues raised through Consumer Credit, audits and quality checks to ensure data entry and recommendations are accurately documented in the lending applications and the lending process is followed
- Use the Our Approach to Risk Management framework to protect the Bank's assets and maintain the quality of the lending portfolio by ensuring adherence to lending process requirements and established yield, quality, diversification and risk guidelines
- Make credit recommendations on personal lending transactions in accordance with sound credit granting principles and in accordance with the Bank's Policies and Procedures
- Manages the defined personal banking portfolio with a focus on the customer experience delivered; retains and expands relationships to achieve portfolio retention, sales, service, and profitability objectives.
- Understand client needs, including personal and wealth needs, and recommends solutions that are in the best interests, including referring to appropriate BMO partners to bring the best of BMO to the customer.
- Applies relationship management, business development, sales and referral principles and techniques to an assigned portfolio of clients to meet their banking needs and support the achievement of targets.
- Seeks and identifies opportunities to expand customer relationship initiating referrals to achieve individual performance objectives.
- Monitors the portfolio to increase the overall profitability.
- Adjudicates high limit credit applications to support overall loan portfolio as needed.
- Continuously monitors and assesses risk within the unit and escalates issues as needed.
- Adheres to Know Your Customer Rules and Bank Policies & Procedures for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering, or defalcation; identify and report suspicious and other reportable transactions or patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically between 3 - 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth understanding of Personal Banking Products, Commercial Lending Process, technology, Policies & Procedures, Financing Guidelines, and Standard Operating Procedures and supporting processes.
- Credit Qualified with Personal Limits and a minimum of 12 months of experience as a lender
- Registered Investment Sales Representative.
- Knowledge of Business For Self (BFS).
- Knowledge of Small business Banking.
- Analytical Thinking - In-depth.
- Business Acumen - Working.
- Business Valuation - Working.
- Environmental Understanding - Working.
- Financial Understanding - In-depth.
- Negotiation - Working.
- Problem Solving - In-depth.
- Relationship Management - In-depth.
- Risk Management - Basic.
- Conflict Management & Resolution - Working.
- Market Strategy & Planning - Working.
- Strategic Business Planning - Working.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Bilingual (French and English).
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing