1501 McGill College Avenue
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Reporting to the Regional President, the Market Leader is responsible for leading a multi-disciplined BMO Private Wealth team consisting of client-facing wealth professionals specializing in banking, investments, trust and sales. The Market Leader is a member of the Private Wealth leadership team and plays a critical role in advancing the Private Wealth strategy.
The Market Leader leads a high performing team of wealth professionals who help high net worth clients achieve their financial goals. The Market Leader is accountable for accelerating growth within their market with a focus on business development, sales leadership, coaching, and fostering an environment that encourages collaboration and excitement to win with clients.
The Market Leader works collaboratively within the market, including working with BMO partners and the broader community to build relationships and deliver the desired customer experience and attract new clients to Private Wealth. The Market Leader supports the organization's growth objectives by enhancing market share, profitability and client loyalty in their respective market.
The Market Leader will:
MANDATE DETAILS:Sales Leadership:
- Create excitement for their teams and build buy-in to the future of the business
- Maintain a consistent focus on our clients and how we can best serve their needs
- Be a change agent and build confidence in the future
- Build cohesive, cross-disciplined wealth teams that deliver enhanced value to existing clients and win over new clients
- Inspire their teams to achieve their full potential in new ways and unlock opportunities to win with clients
- Use a variety of coaching techniques that suit the individual -a one size fits all approach will not work
- Build relationships across the BMO Enterprise and make connections with external referral sources that accelerate the business growth
- Attract talent into the Private Wealth organization and set recruits up for success
- Build the Private Wealth brand externally within their market
- Be bold and experiment with different approaches to achieve results (fail quickly, learn, adapt and share learnings with peers)
- Manage risk within their market and ensure that the market stays within the stated risk appetite
- Coaching and developing talent to help grow the business
- Ability to adapt coaching style to the individual needs of the individual and their respective background and experience
- Leading sales meetings for multi-disciplined wealth professionals
- Leads and implements a disciplined approach for all sales strategies, sales management and goals to support market business growth and a core focus on the client.
- Maintain focus and be an advocate for the integrated offer and providing a wholistic client experience.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate changes.
- Make each individual feel personally connected to the Private Wealth journey and the future of the business.
- Leads the development and implementation of the market business development plan to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Builds and manages a network of referral sources, both internal and external, to grow BMO's business and makes referrals to BMO partners as identified.
- Recruit and on-board talent into the organization
- Enhances the Bank's profile in the community by participating in business and community activities and creating opportunities to promote the offering.
- Meets with current and prospective clients as needed or requested
- Fosters collaboration across multiple teams to achieve business objectives
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- Develops an expert understanding of local market awareness, economic trends and competitor activity.
Compliance & Risk:
- Manages people and leads a team capable of delivering the desired business results.
- Sets context and provides direction in support the Private Wealth strategy
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms
- Is a member of the Regional Leadership team
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for making business decisions and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple, interdependent, complex problems.
- May consult to or serve on various committees and advisory councils.
- Recommends measures to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Maintain credibility with internal and external stakeholder by maintaining industry expertise (banking, investment management or wealth services)
- Ensures any identified regulatory or compliance issues are addressed in a timely manner to mitigate risks
- Ensures adherence to Corporate Policies, ensuring that risks identified are mitigated and recommendations/decisions are made in accordance with those policies
- Follows through on the risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our clients' assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensures an effectively run function.
- Protects the Bank's assets and complies with all regulatory, legal and ethical requirements.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Travel between locations may be required
- Lead with authenticity, empathy and conviction
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Change agent
- Strong collaborator
- Lead teams through times of ambiguity
- Resiliency and action oriented
- Ability to persuade
- Communicate complex ideas in simple, compelling ways
We're here to help
- Typically 9+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- University Degree with certification preferred (MBA, B COMM & CA, CMA or CGA).
- Strong knowledge and experience within the brokerage industry
- Completion of CSC and CIM/CFP/ETI modules or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge and technical proficiency related to private wealth management strategies, issues and trends.
- Broad and diverse background of the financial service industry and strong knowledge of the investment, banking, and personal & commercial credit disciplines for the high net worth (HNW) markets.
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Bilingualism (French/English)
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing