Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Develop your industry knowledge and technical and other abilities rapidly so that you become famous for what you do and require minimum manager supervision;
Work on client engagement teams executing VCS advisory services, supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for turnarounds and/or M&A transactions;
Conduct detailed research and analysis of client, industry and market performance and develop practical strategies and action plans, including the supporting financial analysis, models and implementation plans;
Deloitte's Value Creation Services (VCS) team offers its clients cross-functional advisory services when deadlines are often urgent. We help solve our client's most complex business and performance challenges, whether they be in thriving or distressed business transformation situations, or the cut-and-thrust environment of M&A.What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Associate, you'll have the opportunity to work across the full range of VCS services. If you asked one of our current Analysts or Senior Associates about the types of things they've actually done over the past year, their answer would likely include:
• Assessed a client's state of M&A readiness with respect to people, resources, planning, data collection and strategy, while identifying significant-risks, issues, interdependences and opportunities for overall improvement;
• Assisted with the assessment and configuration of a client's target operating model, and the identification of its synergies and key value drivers;
• Delivered one or more aspects of hypothesis-driven broad and rapid EBITDA improvement. For example completing work on: market assessments, pricing studies, sales and marketing effectiveness, product and customer profitability, value analysis, supply chain, cost efficiency and organizational structure redesign and working capital management; About the team
The VCS team works in many industries but has a particular focus on Consumer, Industrials, Energy and Natural Resources, Cannabis and Financial Services. You can read more about the industries supported on our website https://www2.deloitte.com/ca/en.html
We focus on:
• Enterprise Profitability (EP): Our EP Service identifies and implements opportunities that radically improve its client's EBITDA and cash flow. The service helps clients with rapid revenue and market growth initiatives; cost reduction; working capital optimization; and business model transitions, transformations and modernization.
• Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD): Our EDD Service offers Operational, IT, Commercial and HR due diligence to help clients drive informed bids, frame out risk factors, uncover value potential through synergy reviews, and get a head start on post-merger integration planning.
• M&A Execution (MA): Our MA Service works with clients pre- and post-signing to design, plan and execute merger and acquisition transition programs. Our work helps to maximize the deal value, minimize Day 1 disruption, accelerate and de-risk deal closing. This service also helps clients to determine their future state operating model by function and develop and implement the roadmap to close and beyond. Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• Consulting or financial planning & analysis experience would be considered an asset;
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English and/or French;
• Understanding of and/or exposure to the M&A lifecycle at an operational level;
• Experience in or an understanding of significant organizational events (e.g. restructuring, business transformation or turnaround) and how clients typically respond to them by rapidly improving their revenues, reducing their costs and improving their working capital and business models.
• A demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as financial analysis or modeling, market research and analysis, project problem diagnosis & solution development; Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production