Line of Service
Senior ManagerJob Description & Summary
A career within Operations Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients optimise all elements of their operations to move beyond the role of a cost effective business enabler and become a source of competitive advantages. We focus on product innovation and development, supply chain, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations and capital asset programmes to drive both growth and profitability.
As a Senior Manager in our EUMI Markets team, you'll be responsible for leading sales and client development, delivering advisory projects, leading teams and managing client relationships in the Utilities sector within our EUMI (Energy, Utilities, Mining, Industrial Products) practice in Canada. This position is a hands-on consulting role combining sales and delivery responsibilities in a complex and integrated environment which normally is multi-functional, multi-national, and multi-site. We seek a strong consulting resource with deep understanding of the Energy Transition that is under way and direct relevant experience of Power and Utility sector issues, developments, requirements and needs, who has the experience and presence to be a trusted advisor to our clients.What to consider before applying
• This role requires the candidate to be fluent in French and English. Purpose-led work you'll be part of
As a Utilities Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Proactively lead client relationships and support the broader Utilities practice by setting strategy, drive the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplines
• Discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities
• Building strong networks within the firm to spot and capitalize on opportunities to get involved in projects that others are leading across a number of different business units and sectors
• Lead pursuit teams and proposal development including innovative approaches and methodologies tailored to address specific client requirements
• Ensure the quality of deliverables and that clients are satisfied with the work
• Responsibility for management of engagement financials
• Grow and develop our team through hands on training and coaching
• Stay abreast of key industry developments both within Canada and globally
• Critique client's strategies with a focus on revenue growth and operational execution
• Understand the operational implications of client's strategies
• Manage the end to end delivery (including project economics) of consulting projects comprising multiple resources and teams
• Develop costing frameworks / costing and forecasting models / business case
• Manage an engagement team to the production of quality deliverables on time and on budget and in line with client expectations and internal standard Experiences and skills you'll use to solve
• Extensive experience from a management consulting background demonstrating knowledge of strategy, operations and technology used in asset-intensive clients to serve their customers and stakeholders
• Deep sector Subject Matter Specialist in Utilities ideally with previous sales/delivery in management consulting and relationships in market
• Credibility with clients by demonstrating subject matter expertise and knowledge in one or more of the EUMI (Energy Utilities Mining Industrial) industry and operational functions
• Hands on experience managing or delivering large business and IT transformations and full life-cycle projects
• Proven track record of managing and delivering significant business results that reflects strategic and creative thinking, individual initiative and motivating teams
• Ability to develop and manage strategic client relationships while providing the highest quality client work across multiple client projects
• Demonstrated capability in thought leadership, new business development and securing project extensions, including client lead maturation, proposal development, and closing new business opportunities
• Exposure to working or managing projects in one Asset Lifecycle Management, Mobility, Analytics, Capital Projects, Cyber Security, IoT
• Excellent leadership, organizational and verbal and written communication skills
• Proven leader with extensive abilities to build solid and collaborative relationships with team members, foster a productive teamwork environment, and leverage diverse views
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard
• Fluent in French and English Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional Skills Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Up to 20%Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at PwC Canada: https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/about-us/diversity-inclusion.html. Be a part of The New Equation.
Chez PwC Canada, notre atout le plus précieux, c'est notre personnel. Et c'est en apprenant les uns des autres que nous devenons plus forts. Nous avons à cœur de créer une communauté équitable et inclusive de professionnels de la résolution de problèmes, dans laquelle chacun se sent vraiment à sa place. Nous savons que l'expérience peut prendre diverses formes et, pour nous, donner confiance au public et résoudre des problèmes importants n'est possible que si notre milieu de travail reflète la diversité de la société dans laquelle nous vivons.
Nous tenons à répondre à vos besoins tout au long du processus de demande d'emploi, d'entrevue et d'embauche. Si vous avez besoin de mesures d'adaptation pour être parfaitement à l'aise, faites-le-nous savoir à l'étape de la demande d'emploi.
Pour en savoir plus sur l'inclusion et la diversité chez PwC Canada: https://www.pwc.com/ca/fr/about-us/diversity-inclusion.html. Faites partie de La Nouvelle équation.