Description What to expect as the User Interface Designer at Elastic Path?
Elastic Path's core products, Elastic Path Commerce and Elastic Path Commerce Cloud , provide a headless commerce platform that gives incredible flexibility in meeting a business' ecommerce needs to serve their customers. And with every powerful platform, there needs to be equally powerful business tooling that accompanies it to manage and maintain the experiences.
As a UI Designer at Elastic Path, you will work together with a diverse team including UX designers, developers, product managers, QA, content writers, and customer success to uncover and solve the various challenges the businesses using our platforms face by evolving and enhancing both our platform, the tooling around our platform and the experiences built with our platform.
You will work together with other UX designers and Front-End Engineers to bring user interface designs to life by applying an end-to-end iterative design process. This role will report into the Director of UX and can be fully remote located anywhere in the US or Canada as we have hybrid working options with offices located in Vancouver, Toronto, and Boston. A link to your design portfolio will be required for consideration, please submit this as part of your application. Key Responsibilities:
We're looking for someone with a thoughtful, collaborative, and iterative creative process to execute UI design work that supports the end-to-end process of digital product development. The candidate should be comfortable in storytelling and visualizing experiences with a portfolio that demonstrates the ability to create interfaces that delight users while taking into consideration various limitations.
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- Partner with UX designers to translate UX research, flows and low-fidelity wireframes into relevant documentation to help facilitate the development of interfaces - including site maps, sketches, wireframes, UI mock-ups and prototypes optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Contribute to maturing UX / UI practices across Elastic Path's cross functional product teams, including helping to flesh out our UI design library and contribute to building out our design system
- Apply Agile principles to design process -- provide multiple options, nourish incremental and iterative process, and understand that the first idea is not always the best
- Work collaboratively with Product Managers, UX Designers, Development Team members and other stakeholders to deliver accessible User Interfaces
- Effectively communicate with developers through implementation phase to realize design vision
- Communicate, defend, and build consensus around UI architecture and interaction design direction
- Continuously aim to Understand and apply Elastic Path security policies, processes, and controls as required, in day-to-day tasks.
Who we are:
- 1+ years of experience in designing user interface, interaction design, mocking-up user interfaces, crafting prototypes for the B2C and / or B2B market and / or applications used in B2C / B2B
- Solid understanding of UI design methodology and practices with demonstrated design capabilities and skills
- Knowledge of UX design methodology and practices
- Desire to work through the entire UCD process using methods like sketching, storyboarding, diagramming, wireframing, and prototyping, and usability testing for digital products
- Ability to think creatively, but also pragmatically - understanding the value of trade-offs
- Experience collaborating closely with multi-discipline teams including engineering and product
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comfortable with our design tool of choice, Figma
Elastic Path is the company powering mission-critical digital commerce for the world's leading brands, such as Intuit, Pella, Deckers Brands, T-Mobile, and over 250 other leading enterprises. We pioneered the Headless Commerce space in 2011 and spearheaded Composable Commerce in 2020. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software.
Our culture is best described as supportive and driven. Our employees are passionate about what they do and work hard. And they are committed to the greater team, always willing to support others. Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by. The Perks?
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits, wherever you may be located. You can check out our specific perks by geography on our careers page . Apply Now!
Elastic Path is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value and celebrate diversity in its many forms, and we strive to provide an inclusive and safe workplace where each person feels respected, supported, and accepted - however they choose to identify.
Software and Programming Management and Executive