A career in our US Tax Services practice will provide you with the opportunity to help Canadian and multinational companies address their cross border tax needs. You'll gain a global perspective and an awareness of tax issues stemming from changes to evolving business structures and geographic expansions.Purpose-led work you'll be part of
As a U.S. Tax Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
• Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
• Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
• Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
• Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
• Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
• Promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
• Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
• Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
• Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct. Responsibilities include:
• Proactively manage a portfolio of clients, leading a team in the delivery of US Tax compliance and/or consulting services.
• Review and sign-off of US tax compliance engagements.
• Provide US tax consulting services to a portfolio of diverse clients.
• Tax research related to US tax technical matters.
• Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients.
• Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen.
• Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges.
• Assist in the management and delivering of large projects.
• Train, coach, and supervise staff.
• Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues including Federal and state income tax changes and their impact on your client portfolio.
• Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand. Experience and skills you'll use to solve
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard;
• U.S. CPA or Canadian CPA or other accounting designation or JD degree;
• Completion of Masters of U.S. Taxation considered an asset;
• U.S. tax experience; with experience in direct and corporate tax;
• Experience with U.S. domestic and international tax issues, including tax research;
• Strong analytical and organizational skills. Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc .Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like.Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.