Line of Service
International Tax ServicesManagement Level
DirectorJob Description & Summary
A career in our US Tax Services practice will provide you with the opportunity to help Canadian and multinational companies address their cross border tax needs. You'll gain a global perspective and an awareness of tax issues stemming from changes to evolving business structures and geographic expansions.COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
: Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future : The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients, and communities is our number one priority. Vaccinations have proven to reduce the risk of COVID-19. Effective Friday, October 1, 2021, PwC Canada requires all partners, staff, contractors and visitors to be fully-vaccinated when entering a PwC location, subject to applicable legal exemptions. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating. Read this press release for further details . What you'll create and do
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
• Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
• Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
• Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
• Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
• Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
• Promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
• Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
• Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
• Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct. Responsibilities include:
• Proactively manage a portfolio of clients, leading a team in the delivery of US Tax compliance and/or consulting services.
• Review and sign-off of US tax compliance engagements.
• Provide US tax consulting services to a portfolio of diverse clients.
• Tax research related to US tax technical matters.
• Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients.
• Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen.
• Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges.
• Assist in the management and delivering of large projects.
• Train, coach, and supervise staff.
• Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues including Federal and state income tax changes and their impact on your client portfolio.
• Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand. What you'll bring to this role
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard;
• U.S. CPA or Canadian CPA or other accounting designation or JD degree;
• Completion of Masters of U.S. Taxation considered an asset;
• U.S. tax experience; with experience in direct and corporate tax;
• Experience with U.S. domestic and international tax issues, including tax research;
• Strong analytical and organizational skills. Why you'll love working for PwC
At PwC, we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits. Discover a life that works for you with our diverse, inclusive and flexible culture. To learn how you can grow and shine in your career at PwC, please visit: https://www.pwc.com/ca/whypwc See how you can create your future at PwC
www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers/create-your-future.html Applying at PwC
At PwC, we embrace new technology where you will learn to innovate and deliver differently. For Administrative, Specialist, Associate, Senior Associate, and Manager roles you may have the opportunity to participate in an on-demand video interview. To learn more about our innovative cloud-based online application interview process click here: https://www.pwc.com/ca/applytopwc
We take your privacy seriously. To protect your personal information, please submit your application directly through PwC Canada Careers: https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers.html Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional Skills Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not SpecifiedAvailable for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at PwC Canada: https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/about-us/diversity-inclusion.html. Be a part of The New Equation.
Chez PwC Canada, notre atout le plus précieux, c'est notre personnel. Et c'est en apprenant les uns des autres que nous devenons plus forts. Nous avons à cœur de créer une communauté équitable et inclusive de professionnels de la résolution de problèmes, dans laquelle chacun se sent vraiment à sa place. Nous savons que l'expérience peut prendre diverses formes et, pour nous, donner confiance au public et résoudre des problèmes importants n'est possible que si notre milieu de travail reflète la diversité de la société dans laquelle nous vivons.
Nous tenons à répondre à vos besoins tout au long du processus de demande d'emploi, d'entrevue et d'embauche. Si vous avez besoin de mesures d'adaptation pour être parfaitement à l'aise, faites-le-nous savoir à l'étape de la demande d'emploi.
Pour en savoir plus sur l'inclusion et la diversité chez PwC Canada: https://www.pwc.com/ca/fr/about-us/diversity-inclusion.html. Faites partie de La Nouvelle équation.