Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
Under the supervision of the Manager, Translation Services, the Senior Translator must be able to translate independently with minimal supervision various documents from English into Simplified and Traditional Chinese complex in nature, and to revise the translations made by translation agencies. As an experienced member of TD Translation Services, the Senior Translator will act as a contact person for all translation into and from Simplified and Traditional Chinese. Job Description
- Revise documents translated into Simplified and Traditional Chinese by translation agencies, and assess their quality in terms of format and content, i. e. grammar, clarity, exactness and consistency of terminology
- Act as a key resource for all Chinese translations.
- Independently translate public facing documents written by various business units.
- Revise existing content and edit as needed
- Maintain a translation productivity of 1,800 - 2,000 words/day and a bilingual revision productivity of 800 - 1,200 words/hour; translation must be consistent with high quality standards and require minimal supervision/revision
- Revise published Simplified and Traditional Chinese material (e.g., TD Web sites, TD App) and ask the relevant partners to make corrections as needed
- Proactively do term searches, consult with other translators, authors, experts, etc. to answer questions from colleagues and translation agencies in order to ensure faithfulness to the original; contribute to expanding the terminological database by writing term entries and share findings with colleagues
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with Business Partners, external suppliers, and colleagues
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by Management
- University degree in translation
- Complete fluency in Chinese and English (written and oral)
- Knowledge of French, an asset
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a structured Translation Department
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Government Sales and Marketing