At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
The Linguistic Services team is seeking someone to fill a Translation Specialist (translator) position. As a Translation Specialist, you will be mainly responsible for the execution of English to French translations of high quality. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of superior translation skills and efficiency, as well as being able to execute on multiple requirements in a fast-paced environment.What you will be doing
- Perform high-quality translations and adaptations from English to French, including creating new names pertaining to services, programs, platforms, etc.
- Review and validate high-profile strategic documents before publication for all lines of business on an ad hoc basis.
- Provide guidelines to external and internal collaborators on terminology, tone of voice and other elements related to brand image, in collaboration with program owners.
- Document relevant terminology decisions and communicate to internal and external collaborators handling French copy, including updating terminology databases and translation memories.
- Participate in cross-functional sessions to develop strong working relationships with our partners and program owners, as well as capture all communication impacts of new products, services, and programs.
- Additional responsibilities include project coordination, data entry, maintenance of terminology databases and translation memories, and consulting with stakeholders on French content.
- University degree with specialization in Translation (English to French Canadian), or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Mastery of written French Canadian and English languages, specifically excellent writing, editing, spelling and grammar skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, along with excellent communication abilities to ensure great collaboration
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a cross-functional group environment to support the broader team
- Strong working knowledge of Trados Studio, as well as the Microsoft Office Suite
- Accustomed to an extremely fast-paced environment, requiring juggling of multiple immediate priority responses
- Experience in telecommunications industry is an asset
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat is an asset
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
6 Months Work Location:
800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Fido(182), Montreal, QC Travel Requirements:
None Posting Category/Function:
Communications & Corporate Communication Requisition ID:
189369 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Corporate Job Segment:
Telecom, Telecommunications, Consulting, Translation, Interpreter, Technology, Bilingual
Find similar jobs:
Sales and Marketing