Bilingual Technology Support Technician
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
The Service Desk provides 24 X 7 first level support for IT, application and telecommunication systems and services used internally by the Rogers Group of Companies. The Service Desk Technician
is a fulltime position, responsible for the key IT support functions of call handling and first level troubleshooting and customer service. This position involves varied rotational shifts (including evenings and weekends).
What you will be doing:
What you will bring:
- Deliver IT Chat/Phone support (PC and Mac break/fix, OS, phone, mobile devices, printers, applications)
- Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required
- Abide by the SLAs when providing support for PCs, OS, phones, mobile devices, printers, and applications
- In cooperation with other IT Services groups, follow processes and use provided tools to provide optimal support for employees
- Provide limited end user software training
- Assist other IT or Technical groups as required (Network, Asset Management, Broadcast Engineering, etc)
- Maintain a high degree of customer service
- Take ownership of user problems and be pro-active when dealing with user issues
- Maintains documentation for all Service Desk and end user processes and procedures
- Ability to work with all level of users
- Participates in activities of support and work with other IT departments to ensure requests are efficiently prioritized and completed within appropriate timeframes & drive process improvements within the Help Desk
- Ensure that any unresolved issues are promptly elevated to the next level of management for resolution
- Cultivate opportunities for call-reduction and self-serve capabilities based on intimate understanding of reported issues
- Maintain Rogers standards for application and workflows, implementations and service
- Contribute to process improvement and provide coaching and mentoring of peers, where needed
- Notify Management and business of critical issues
- Address and/or escalate process issues and/or unclear expectation to the team leader
- Able to work extended and flexible hours
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Successful candidate must have provided a minimum of 2 - 5 years of customer service excellence in a support position (helpdesk, technical call centre or equivalent) within a fairly complex environment
- Technical skills should include: Windows7/Windows8, OSX , basic LAN/WAN, general understanding of telephony and industry standard business applications
- Experience with IT Service Management Tools such as HP Service Center, ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, ISM/Maximo and CA Service Operations Management
- Knowledge of ITIL V2 & V3 foundational concepts and processes a plus
- Web applications, networks, protocols and email (SMTP, POP3)
- Working knowledge and experience with documentation, data & reporting tools including Excel, Access
- Must be able to manage time effectively and to be motivated, reliable, and a self-starter
- Successful candidate must have a strong customer service orientation, demonstrated ability to "multi-task" effectively in a fast- paced, technical environment and a clear aptitude for problem solving
- In addition to technical troubleshooting skills the candidate must possess excellent oral / written communication and analytical skills as well as strong organisational abilities
- The incumbent must possess suitable business and technical acumen as well as familiarity with IT industry standard technologies and platforms. Detailed technical knowledge of key systems and applications used within Rogers is also an asset.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field of study
- Current certifications delivered by renowned IT organisations (ex. CompTIA A+, HDI or Microsoft MCP) is an asset
- Fluent bilingualism (English / French) both verbally and in written communication is a must
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Place Bonaventure - Montreal(182), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 256329
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: No Selection
Montreal, QC, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programsLooking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Technical Support, Technician, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology, Bilingual
Customer Service and Support Information Technology