Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Our Accounting Infrastructure Services team focuses on enabling CFO's and their Finance teams for success. We focus on applying our deep knowledge of financial reporting requirements, controls and processes to the operational aspects of Finance - "How" Finance does what it needs to do and where it can enhance the value it brings to the organization. Our core services include CFO / Finance Effectiveness Workshops, Finance Operating Model Assessments, Finance Process Mapping / Redesign, and "Fix Finance" projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools), and a broad range of Technology Advisory services from assessments, selections, and implementation advisory. The Technology practice within our Accounting Infrastructure Services team is rapidly expanding. The Technology team is a dynamic group who are focused on helping clients improve their financial services through systems implementations.
External Posting Description
We are specifically looking for a senior consultant level professional to work within our Technology Assurance practice, in the Accounting Infrastructure Services team with strong problem solving skills (diagnostic and solution development), a breadth of knowledge with respect to the operational aspects of financial systems, and processes in the finance function. In particular systems specific to mid-market cloud ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and CPM (Corporate Performance Management) tools.
Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop critical skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice. A career in Technology will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a challenging, fast growing, and collaborative team environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop technological solutions to complex financial problems through debate and discussion, in teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of unique engagements.
Your role as a senior staff member at Deloitte:
- Identify and embrace our purpose and values, and put them into practice when executing daily tasks/activities
- Enhance personal development skills by actively seeking opportunities for growth, sharing knowledge and experiences with others, and acting as a strong brand ambassador for the firm
- Seek challenging opportunities across businesses and borders and take accountability for personal and team results
- Build relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align your work to objectives, and set personal priorities
External Posting Qualifications
As a Technology Senior consultant in Accounting Infrastructure Services, you will:
- Working towards completing or finished the CPA, CA designation and possess a minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrable experience using Blackline, Workiva, major ERP and other Software solutions including NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, Workday, Microsoft Dynamics, Adaptive Insights, IBM Cognos and Oracle Hyperion is considered a strong asset
- Experience with systems implementation and understanding of the different phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Additional expertise in one or more of the following areas is considered an asset: Process Redesign, Business IT Strategy, Corporate Strategy, or Shared Services
- Capacity to analyse client needs from a strategic perspective (options available, pros/cons of different options)
- Strong advisory technical skills are considered an asset (GAAP, control certification, securities and regulatory, assurance), as is knowledge of Public Sector Standards, IFRS, internal controls and risk; an understanding of the financial close and reporting process is critical
- Experienced with documented process and controls, including IT (mapping, design and assessment), project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Problem solving skills with the ability to identify client needs and streamline financial processes using technology ("find it" and "fix it")
- Project management discipline and structure including the ability to execute required tasks and work collaboratively with team
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong presentation skills
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Manufacturing and Production