You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG, you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this! The opportunity:
Our Indirect Tax team offers a full range of services on the Goods and Services Tax (GST), HST, QST, provincial sales tax (PST), payroll taxes, US sales and transaction taxes, value added taxes in EU and other jurisdictions as well as premium taxes and fuel taxes levied by the provincial and federal governments in Canada. We help our clients ensure that they are meeting their obligations in all relevant jurisdictions and that they are making the most of any refund opportunities.
As a Technician you will work closely with KPMG personnel and clients on Indirect Tax matters. The ideal candidate enjoys working with data, problem solving and providing timely value-add responses to clients. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Assist in review engagements in the context of recovery mandates.
- Work with advanced information technology for electronic data query and analysis.
- Analysis of various client transactions, using computer generated exception reports, to identify potential tax recoveries.
- Responsible for the compilation of client recovery schedules.
- Perform in-depth data analysis to identify recovery opportunities and compliance issues for clients.
- Provide compliance services including preparing GST/HST, QST and PST returns and filling several tax forms.
- Provide support to team members in related tasks.
- A diploma or degree in accounting, applied business administration, or similar field.
- 1 to 2 years of accounting or indirect tax experience is an asset.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Excel, MS Access, and all MS-office suites.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and teamwork skills, with the ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities and to multitask.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Ability to work with multiple demands and short deadlines.
- Strong project management, organization and time-management abilities.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and within a virtual team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and to be able to communicate to clients.
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the client's business.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism.
- Dedication and strong work effort, strong team player.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French.
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other.
A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.