Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Job Description Deloitte Omnia, Deloitte's Artificial Intelligence practice
is comprised of specialized experts with hands-on experience, and cutting-edge information assets that facilitate successful Artificial Intelligence (AI) transformations. We develop AI-enabled solutions to address all aspects of a client's transformative journey with disciplined focus on business outcomes.
As a member of our Data Transformation team, you will help our clients design and implement the data platform architectures - be it in the cloud or on-premise - required to enable cutting-edge AI solutions. You will be part of a practice to deliver a breadth of solutions to solve our clients most challenging business problems, with a focus on Big Data, BI/DW, Data Integration, Data Governance, Master Data and Analytics applications. Each of these applications leverages a different mix of traditional and innovative technologies to achieve business outcomes. Your role at Deloitte
As a Technical Architect
, you are passionate about data and technology solutions, are driven to learn about them and keep up with market evolution. You will play an active role throughout the entire engagement cycle, specializing in modern data solutions including data ingestion/data pipeline frameworks, data warehouse & data lake architectures, cognitive computing and cloud services. You are enthusiastic about all things data, have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, are tech savvy and have a solid understanding of software development. In this role, you will:
- Lead, define and implement end-to-end modern data platforms in support of analytics and AI use cases
- Collaborate with enterprise architects, data architects, ETL developers & engineers, data scientists and information designers to lead identification and definition of required data structures, formats, pipelines, metadata, and workload orchestration capabilities
- Address aspects such as data privacy & security, data ingestion & processing, data storage & compute, analytical & operational consumption, data modeling, data virtualization, self-service data preparation & analytics, AI enablement, and API integrations
- 5+ years experience leading engagements from design to implementation of creative data solutions leveraging the latest in Big Data frameworks, supporting on-premise, cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) and hybrid architectures to enable use cases in analytics and AI
- 5+ years experience architecting solutions for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional sources such as structured, unstructured, and semi-structured using SQL, NoSQL and data pipelines for real-time, streaming, batch and on-demand workloads
- 3+ years experience with analytics/data management strategy formulation, architectural blueprinting, business case development and effort estimation of disruptor based analytics
- Ability to simplify complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand non-technical language in order to facilitate, communicate and interact with executives and business stakeholders
- Experience with Agile development methods in data-oriented projects
Strong candidates will also have some of the following capabilities:
- TOGAF certification is an asset, as well as certifications in data engineering and development from AWS, Azure, GCP and/or Hadoop distributions
- Subject matter data expertise in Financial Services (Banking, Insurance), Consumer Products (Retail), Energy & Resources, Life Sciences (Healthcare) and Government (Transport, Higher Ed, Social Services) industries
- Experience with implementation of data security, encryption, PII/PSI legislation, identity and access management across sources and environments
- Knowledge of software configuration management environments and tools such as JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Bitbucket, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in quantitative areas such as Computer Science, Information Management, Big Data & Analytics, or related field is desired
If you believe you have what it takes to be a successful member of our team please apply now. We know your career is important to you and it's important to us, too. The Technical Architect role is just the first step of a highly successful career we can help you build.
The time is right for you to join Deloitte. Get your career off to great start. What impact will you make?Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Posted: February 19, 2019
Closes: April 20, 2019