Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
With more than 3,500 people in 13 offices around the world, TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients who choose us for our knowledge, innovation and experience in the following key areas of finance:
- Investment and Corporate Banking
- Capital Markets
- Interest Rate, Currency and Derivative Products
- International Trade
Our services include the underwriting and distribution of new debt and equity issues, providing advice on strategic acquisitions and divestitures, and executing daily trading and investment needs.
With offices located around the world and with more than 650 professionals, the strength of TD Securities Global Operations lies in the diverse and dynamic group of individuals who provide ongoing support functions for TD Securities' businesses and their partners. As part of TD Securities, Global Operations professionals can learn end to end processes as well as create relationships with different lines of business. Challenged to learn and grow within their role, members of Global Operations are supported in their goals of innovation, excellence and commitment to customer service.
Global Trade Finance Operations International processing hub is located in Montreal with spoke locations in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Houston and Singapore. We are a team of over 95 experienced professionals who offer a full range of trade products and provide world class service to our customers located all over the globe. Job Description
- TDS Operations Analyst I should have working knowledge and understanding business process and procedures and should be able to handle transaction lifecycle of documentary letters of credit, documentary collections and have a sound knowledge of payments with the ability to work with the general rules and guidelines set out by the International Chamber of Commerce, local/foreign statutory requirements and with adherence to TD internal policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Should possess good knowledge of trade finance products and practices including ICC rules and regulations (UCP 600, ISBP 725, URC 522, ISP 98 and URDG758).
- Maintain a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes in alignment with risk appetite; adhere to enterprise frameworks and methodologies that relate to operations activities for own area (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist Financing, Business Continuity Management)
- Support the team by actively building operations/business services knowledge, think critically about processes and opportunities for improvement, share ideas and transfer knowledge within the team, across the function, and with partners.
- Ability to analyze, organize prioritize and manage team workflow requirements to meet multiple deadlines.
- May lead small scale initiatives related to team objectives and ensure timely completion.
- Demonstrate proven skills with strong client-focus and the ability to provide a good level of service
- Provide technical expertise of Trade Finance products and practices with their operational knowledge of international rules governing Trade Finance Products.
- Provide solutions in processing Trade Finance products that protect the bank as well as satisfy International Trade business of clients by consulting experienced, knowledgeable and more senior team members.
- Undertake the financial liability of the bank by making daily decision based on the compliance of the Trade finance instruments.
- Issue Trade instruments that represent Irrevocable undertaking of the bank to pay.
- Act as the first line of defense and mitigate ML/TF Trade Finance risk by acting based on their analytical AML knowledge and act as the first line of defense for detection of red flags and unusual transactions that could expose the bank to the risk of breaching AML/Sanction policies.
- Attention to details with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proposes process improvements and identifies areas of STP
- Minimum 3 Years of Trade Finance Operations Experience preferably with a Financial Institution is required for this role.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, International Business or other related Discipline
- CDCS, CSDG certification is an asset.
- Working professional level knowledge of AML and ATF procedures and requirements related to Trade finance.
- Have a risk management and control focus with a high level of personal accountability and ownership of their role.
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a team and independently
- Excellent listening, conflict resolution and mediation skills required.
- Collaborative and relational work style with proven success in a team environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and other programming tools is an asset
- Have a Clear, professional and informative communication style (oral and written) in English and French.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Health Care Operations and Logistics