Tax Senior Manager, Canadian Corporate Tax
Reference ID: MON001IH
In EY Tax, you'll have the opportunity to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You'll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company's business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority.
As a Tax Manager or Senior Tax Manager, you will be a part of our Business Tax Advisory Practice. One of the benefits of being in BTA is that you will develop the technical proficiency and connectivity to address client issues as well as develop as a well-rounded, quality-focused tax professional.
Your key responsibilities
As a Tax Manager or Senior Tax Manager, you'll participate in and supervise multiple and challenging engagements and to contribute to the delivery of innovative tax planning ideas for our diverse clients. These positions offer excellent opportunities for learning and career advancement to the right candidates.
Skills and attributes for success
• Provide Canadian corporate tax services including tax accounting, and tax accrual and corporate income tax return reviews.
• Manage work allocation to team members.
• Assist our clients with their income tax audits by various taxation authorities.
• Establish relationships with clients and gain a solid understanding of their business.
• Participate in tax planning engagements for Canadian corporations.
• Develop technical skills by remaining up to date on trends, new developments and tax authority decisions, and apply them to complex situations.
• Identify opportunities for providing tax planning and other special services.
• Support the development and coaching of tax professionals and other junior tax staff members.
• Participate in and contribute to the continuous improvement process.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree, preferably in law or accounting
• CICA In-Depth Tax Course completed or underway, or Master's in Tax, and a minimum of 8 years' relevant experience in tax
• 4 years' relevant experience as a manager or 1 as a Senior Manager
• Professional accounting or legal designation
• Experience in drafting tax opinion letters
• Fluency in both English and French
Ideally, you'll also have
• Ability to work with tight deadlines
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We're looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019