In EY Tax, you'll have the opportunity to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You'll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company's business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority. The opportunity
As a Tax Services Engagement Coordinator, you will be a part of our Business Tax Services practice: Global Compliance & Reporting (GCR) group . As a member of E&Y's Business Tax Service's practice, you will develop the combination of deep tax knowledge and a sophisticated understanding of business drivers to serve your clients to the best of your ability. Your key responsibilities
As an engagement coordinator, you will be a pivotal member of Canadian tax team, dedicated to applying knowledge of the corporate and personal tax processes and deadlines, engagement economics and various information systems to advance the efficiency, productivity and profitability of the team Skills and attributes for success
• Coordinate engagement administration functions among tax practitioners and administrative team including engagement acceptance procedures, engagement letters, client assistance packages and scheduling of assignments • Electronic transmitting tax returns and forms • Coordinate, prioritize, assign and track work engagements • Coordinate requests for tax hours from other business units • Monitor and follow up with tax practitioners to keep the work assignment process on track and knowledgeable of deadlines • Coordinate, track the process of engagements through our practice management systems and assist with coordination of billings
Administration and Analysis:
• Attend weekly scheduling meetings, record changes and follow up on issues arising • Meet with tax practitioners on regular basis (weekly) to prioritize work and coordinate engagements • Maintain real-time data of status of projects and tax returns
• Demonstrates up to date knowledge of business unit policies, practices and processes in order to assist the team in meeting product quality and compliance standards To qualify for the role you must have
• University degree (or equivalent in experience) and a keen desire to learn and take on new challenges • At least 2 years related work experience • Able to manage multiple tasks, receive work from various sources and with tight deadlines • Strong organizational and time management skills • Strong Excel and Word skills • At ease in working in a professional services environment • Committed to achieving firm goals • Strong communication and interpersonal abilities • Embraces challenges and change • Demonstrate sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters • Flexible to work additional hours during busy season Ideally, you'll also have
• Maturity, proactive attitude, commitment, and a highly motivated and driven team player What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We're looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry • Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.