Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal Our Purpose
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Experience a firm where wellness matters.
Build a network of colleagues for lifeWhat will your typical day look like?
The Supervisor, Business Operationswill:
About the team
- Perform supervision of administrative staff (performance evaluations, overtime, leave, absences, workload, work climate, safety, job interviews, action plans, etc.);
- Improve the efficiency of work processes and productivity of administrative staff;
- Endorse management practices that promote change management, skills development, mobilization, retention and diversity of the administrative team, in line with the firm's objectives;
- Develop a culture based on teamwork, mutual aid and collaboration between administrative employees in the same office and also between business locations by promoting the use of the latest technology available to ensure the competitiveness of the services offered.
The Supervisor, Business Operationswill be responsible for the administrative team (approximately 23people including receptionists, client experience professionals and executive assistants and senior executive assistants for Risk Adivsory and Financial Advisory) of the Montreal office. He/she will work closely with the Operations Management Leadership Team under the authority of the Senior Director of Operations.Enough about us, let's talk about you
The desired candidate must possess the following skills:
Our shared values
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, ideally in the professional services industry or administrative operations management;
- Previous experience in managing a multidisciplinary team;
- Strategic and relational leadership;
- Ability to mobilize teams in a context of change;
- Absolute discretion;
- Experience working with high-level professionals in a fast-paced, often deadline-driven environment;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Solution-oriented approach and ability to negotiate;
- Good knowledge of MS Office;
- Bilingualism in English and French
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.