As a member of the MDA Subcontract Management team, and reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, Program Manager and Vice-President of Programs in a matrix organization, you will be responsible for the selection process & management of the Subcontractors for various Equipment&rsquo s within a dedicated Program, from the negotiation phase to the delivery of the subcontract deliverables to the program organization usage.
During the Supplier selection and contract negotiation phases you will be supporting the development of commercial agreements with our Subcontractors in a cross-functional environment. You will also conduct evaluations, coordinate and participate in commercial and technical negotiation activities between Subcontractors and internal functions leading to final selection.
As the program progresses from the supplier selection and contract negotiation phase to the Product development phase your mandate will evolve to ensure continuity and maintain an integrated approach for the Program requirements - Supplier relationship by acting as the primary focal point for continuing supplier management activities for the Programs. In this expanded role you will be responsible to Ensure supplier contract adherence and the Negotiation of product change management commercial claims and will also be Responsible to ensure supplier&rsquo s technical and programmatic performance in support of specific Program business objectives.
You will also lead various other activities that would include the evaluation & implementation of continuous improvement opportunities. You will influence and apply change management techniques with the aim of bringing all departments and supplier to an aligned vision around the Program requirements. Your responsibilities will also include making decisions and acting on the Program Manager&rsquo s behalf for all performance matters relating to the Subcontract within the boundaries of the contractual agreements. Qualifications:
Comments/Special Considerations :
- You have a bachelor' s degree in Engineering or Business Administration or equivalent five (5) to ten (10) years of relevant experience.
- You have good negotiation skills and strong experience in project management, financial management and operations.
- You are a team player, recognized for your leadership and innovation skills and are a good communicator in French and English (written and spoken.)
- Knowledge of legal terminology and interpretation of contracts is considered an asset.
- You are familiar with integrated supply chain and lean manufacturing concepts.
- You can work with MS Project, Word, Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Outlook.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level.
Positions are based in Montreal, Quebec and include domestic and foreign travel as required.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: August 13, 2018
Closes: September 19, 2018