Come and build the future with us as we change the way enterprises modernize their infrastructure and applications
Our mission in Migration Services is to help companies quickly eliminate old infrastructure and monolithic applications through cloud transformation. We do this with a suite of AWS Services that allows for the assessment, planning and modernization of both infrastructure and applications. Our services include Migration Evaluator, Migration Hub and Refactor spaces. These services are used globally by customers of all sizes and appeal to business, financial and engineering stakeholders. To learn more about AWS Migration Services please visit: https://aws.amazon.com/products/migration-and-transfer/
We are looking for a strategic Business development leader to help increase adoption of our migration and modernization tools. In this role you will be responsible for growing adoption of our tooling by creating new partnerships and leveraging existing relationships. The work requires strong sales and self-initiating skills and the ability to engage senior executives. Within this role, you will be expected to operate autonomously with limited oversight, be a strong writer, develop sales strategy and go-to-market plans and work collaboratively to execute.
our primary team locations are Seattle, Boston, and Vancouver, BC. We are open to candidates who live in (or will relocate to) a commutable distance to any of these locations. When it is safe, our teams will work together in the office at least two days per week (generally Tuesday and Wednesday).
Our team is focused on balancing life with work, and does this via work autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our PMs truly enjoy mentoring and on-boarding new team members through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, doc reviews.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Key job responsibilities
Opens new distribution channels for our products and services.
Oversees large or more complex relationships that are considered business critical with significant bottom-line impact.
Leads negotiations, working closely with legal, finance, and other cross functional teams. Operates with minimal direction.
Deal leader who represents our business interests and regularly interacts with senior management and executives internally and at potential partners.
May have direct people management responsibilities.
A day in the life
You will be a senior leader on an experienced, entrepreneurial and innovative team. You will work closely with customers, AWS account teams, external Partners and Amazon stakeholders across various business units to increase the adoption of migration tooling . You will lead working backward sessions with customers to further define customer needs and vision, write Press Release-Frequently Asked Questions (PR-FAQ) documents to champion new ideas and build new partnerships.
About the team
Our mission in Migration Services is to help companies quickly eliminate old infrastructure and monolithic applications through cloud transformation. We do this with a suite of AWS Services that allows for the assessment, planning and modernization of both infrastructure and applications. Our team is focused on balancing life with work, and does this via work autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business without overloading our teams. We generally work from the office 2 days a week but have flexibility.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• 10+ years of post-degree business development experience in the technology industry in both high impact individual contributor and team leadership roles OR 12+ years of post-degree experience in a combination of business roles including business development, corporate development, product management, or related positions
• Experience identifying and executing partnership deals, including structuring and negotiating agreements
• Previous experience with application modernization tools. Understanding of modernization strategies and best practices.
• Strong problem-solving skills; ability to analyze issues and create appropriate tactical plans Meticulous attention to detail: ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar.
• Ability to manage high priority projects.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience executing strategic, large-scale and complex partnerships with leading technology partners
• Demonstrated track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing projects, and delivering results in fast-paced, dynamic work environments
• Proven ability to influence internal and external stakeholders and build lasting, trust-based working relationships
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
• Consistently meets and exceeds quantified goals
• Excellent communication (oral and written), persuasion and presentation skills with collaborative problem / solution solving ability
• Personal passion for (and early adopter of) application modernization technologies; committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
• Experience directly managing business development professionals
• Strong bias for action, tenacity and sense of urgency; the ability to make things happen quickly with large, less nimble partners and a willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, weigh trade-offs and opportunistic new ideas with technical leaders
• Sound business judgment that combines strong analytical thinking within a bigger picture strategic context
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive