Sr Technology Suppt Technician
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind - to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we're proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada's largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let's make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Rogers is seeking a Senior Technology Support Technician to support IT operations, application and telecommunication systems and services used internally by the Rogers Group of Companies. This is a fulltime position, responsible for the key IT remote and onsite support functions including first and second level troubleshooting as well the development and maintenance of knowledge content and reporting and data analytics activities. This position may involve varied rotational shifts (including evenings and weekends). This position will be based in the Rogers office in Montreal and will report to the Senior Manager Employee Technology Support Eastern Canada.
• Act as first point of contact for all Employee Technology Support issues.
• Take ownership of support requests from beginning to successful completion.
• Provide high quality employee technology support to the user community in a PC and MAC environment.
• Maintain a high degree of customer service
• Facilitate the maintenance of computer systems, software applications, telephony, mobile devices, and network infrastructure.
• Coordinate and implement hardware upgrades and replacements as required.
• Log all IT support activity in the ServiceNow ticketing system.
• Develop, review, maintain and control systematic processes ensuring Rogers assets are accounted for, deployed, maintained, upgraded, and disposed of in the most cost-effective manner.
• Ensure compliance with, and implementation of Rogers Corporate IT Standards.
• Liaison with Rogers ITS, Hardware / Software vendors, and Rogers Procurement.
• Communicate solutions and ideas with local team and IT staff at other locations.
• Maintaining agreed inventory levels to support Employee Technology equipment needs on a just-in-time process.
• Provide reporting in support of the Employee Technology support team and IT Services.
• Coordinating, tracking to completion the distribution of goods and products to the customers at the right time to ensure customer satisfaction and maintain project delivery schedules.
• Participate in call volumes reduction initiatives through the analytics of service calls, system events, and call handling data.
• Cultivate opportunities for self-serve capabilities based on intimate understanding of reported issues
• Ability to work with all level of users
• May be required to work at other locations as directed.
• Participate in rotating after-hours on-call schedule
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
• Bachelor's degree or Diploma in business or technology preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including demonstrated customer service and relationship building capabilities.
• Excellent communications skills
• Professional certifications and training including ITIL V3 and Project management are desirable
• Familiarity with Compliance Standards (PCI, SSAE 16) QUALIFICATIONS:
• 3 Years+ of IT Experience including working in employee technology support
- Fluent bilingualism (English / French) both verbally and in written communication is a significant asset
- A good knowledge of English is necessary as this role requires regular communication in English with customers and/or team members in other provinces.
• Knowledge of Microsoft and Apple desktop operating systems (managing, configuring and trouble shooting)
• Knowledge of desktops (PCs and Macs) (managing, configuring and trouble shooting)
• Knowledge of mobile devices such as phone and tablets (managing, configuring and trouble shooting)
• Experience with IT Service Management Tools such as HP Service Center, ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, CA Service Operations Management
• Experience providing hands-on and remote end user support.
• Working knowledge and experience with documentation, data & reporting tools including Excel, Access
• Minimum MCP certification, MCSA or MCTS preferred.
• ITIL certification is an asset.
• CompTIA A+ certification is an asset.
• Ability to deal with and prioritize multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment.
• Ability to work independently and to meet defined deadlines with minimum supervision.
• In addition to technical troubleshooting skills the candidate must possess excellent oral / written communication and analytical skills as well as strong organisational abilities
• Network troubleshooting skills are an asset.
Rogers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Full time Shift:
Rotating Length of Contract:
No Selection Work Location:
800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Place Bonaventure - Montreal(182), Montreal, QC Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Technology & Information Technology Requisition ID:
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn't shy away from big ideas - we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we're looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/ Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
Posting Notes: Corporate
Montreal, QC, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
QC, Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Bilingual, Quality, Technology