Help business leaders make strategic decisions! Join our team
At TELUS, we're looking for bright people that like solving big problems. And as part of the Marketing team you tackle all kinds. We get things done, from strategic planning and reporting, business enablement, and scorecard ownership. We have a finger on the pulse of TELUS' Eastern Canada Business Solutions (BSE) performance and direction.
Here's what we believe -
We are ONE team - we are stronger together
Everything we do is tied to the business - their success is our success
We challenge the status quo - and when others think we're done, we make it better
We live up to our commitments - to ourselves, our friends, family, peers, leaders and our customers
Our success is all about how we do things - how we think, solve problems, deliver, communicate, and more Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
Reporting to the Director of Marketing Operations, this position sits at the center of the BSE Marketing team.
In this role, you wear several hats: strategic influencer, consultant, analyst and story teller. Focusing on 6-24 months out, you will work with product and go to market team to capture business insights and apply them to financial forecasts. You're not afraid to dive deep into the details as required but can easily synthesize and communicate with senior leaders and stakeholders in support of key initiatives or programs.
You are a pragmatic, no-nonsense team member that enjoys complex business problems. Your counsel is equal parts logic, analysis and strategy. You have a natural curiosity and you appreciate that failure and vulnerability are healthy ways to learn and grow. Here's how
• Own, drive, and report on key financial and program results
• Lead and support the delivery of montly and multi-year financial plan
• Partner with primes and key stakeholders from Sales, Marketing, Business Intelligence and Delivery teams to successfully lead and manage the implementation of product forecasts by region and segment
• Lead analysis and prepare executive-level summary reports to support decision making and drive operational effectiveness
• Foster a continuous improvement mindset; continually look for opportunities to increase the ROI of programs and processes Qualifications: You're the missing piece of the puzzle With:
• Consultant: exceptional collaboration, relationship management, influencing and negotiation skills, including compelling storytelling and presentation to executive audiences
• Analyst: strong business and financial acumen, including experience using financial modelling skills to create sound business cases
• Problem solver: the fundamentals of taking a problem, examining the challenge, building recommendations and executing on those recommendations
• Compelling communicator: clear, concise and influential in all aspects of communication
• Big thinker: strategic, critical and creative
• Regarded for solid understanding of project management best practices
• Known for expertise with MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Valued for you 8+ years of leadership development, business analysis and/or consulting experience
• With a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (or related discipline) Great to have:
• MBA or Masters' in Organizational Development/Leadership (or related discipline)
• Expertise working with Tableau
• Bilingualism (English & French) Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Posted: September 29, 2018
Closes: November 28, 2018