Interested in accelerating innovation in AI and ML techniques, and their application at unparalleled scale? How about increasing the efficiency of some of the world's best AI and ML talent in their ability to leverage enormous data to innovate and launch new magical experiences for Amazon Customers? Or how about a leadership role in Alexa with significant autonomy in an inclusive, fast paced, and rapidly growing start-up environment where you get to set strategy and impact one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses?
The Alexa AI machine learning platform team is seeking a Sr. Product Manager Technical who will:
- Develop product strategy for Alexa AI Machine Learning Platform
- Ensure our strategy is aligned with existing and upcoming initiatives across Alexa AI org.
- Evangelize initiatives & vision, both internally and externally. This may involve presentation (events, 1:1s) or writing (how-to's, blog posts, etc.)
- Clearly define product requirements, so that tech teams can start work. These requirements should be based on an intimate knowledge of our existing and targeted customers, market segments, and themes.
- Create roadmaps in partnership with development teams
- Work closely with engineering teams to drive completion of key initiatives
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that might impair the team's ability to meet business or technical goals
- Establish goals and review metrics to identify progress and opportunities
- Research and identify new opportunities to innovate on behalf of our customers
- BS or BA in computer science, engineering, math, finance, or economics
- 5+ years of product management, program management in a technology focused business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to analyze and manipulate data using common tools (Excel, SQL, NOSQL, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Hands-on experience in big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Familiar with basic ML concepts.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- High-level understanding of machine learning concepts and general practices.
- Experience developing cloud and distributed software services.
- Comfortable of creating architecture for security, availability, and performance.
- Working knowledge of machine learning, especially around conversational AI.
- Experience working across multiple technical teams.
- Technically fearless, with a willingness and desire to tackle intrinsically hard problems, venturing beyond comfortable approaches when necessary.
- Ability to acquire expertise as needed, pioneer new spaces, and inspire others as to what's possible.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive