At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us. Who we are
We are Rogers, a dynamic Canadian media and telecommunications company. Innovation is our legacy and building a brilliant digital future is our mission. As a leading Canadian company, we are passionate about winning and committed to pursuing the best. This translates into everything we do, including the selection of a candidate.
Rogers is currently seeking an unusually talented and experienced person for the role of Senior Development Manager on the Digital Experience team. The successful candidate will be part of a fast-paced development team responsible for the delivery of an exceptional online customer experience. You must be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering. What we want you to do
You will oversee a team of developers who are responsible for designing, developing and delivering the digital commerce platform for consumer, care and retail. The team will be responsible for producing a visually attractive and functionally effective user interface by understanding all the use cases, their relative weights, and applying creative thinking and advanced techniques. The development effort will also be used to push our CI/CD, devops, and cloud-native development practices to maturity. Technologies in use will span a varied stack from Angular based front-end, to Java services on SpringBoot deployed using Kubernetes, Play/Akka services, and others. Primary Function:
You will oversee a team of Developers who are responsible for designing, developing and implementing front-end and services code supporting the customer experience within Rogers.com. Consume or create state of the art web services to create user interface interactions that delight and inspire the user. Create visually attractive and functionally effective user interfaces by understanding all the use cases, their relative weights, and applying creative thinking and advanced techniques. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in understanding all aspects of software engineering, including coding, architecture, and network engineering.
- 5+ years of experience leading teams and co-ordinating deliveries across many verticals towards a common delivery
- 5+ years' experience of demonstrated ownership of software engineering roadmap and experience with managing the day-to-day activities of a team using Agile processes (Scrum/Kanban).
- Understanding of SEO and accessibility issues and how they relate to development.
- Ability to lead templating and component build efforts in a CMS that can be leveraged by both development teams and business/product teams as appropriate.
- Strong organizational and estimation skills with ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches.
- Strong Nice to have: Experience with Amazon Web services (AWS), Spring boot, experience with BSS/OSS systems in the Telecom industry and developing solutions related to Artificial intelligence (AI) and Machine learning, being part of a movement to make our customer experiences more intelligent.
Interested in learning more about Rogers Digital? Visit our website at https://digital.rogers.com/ Schedule:
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Fido(182), Montreal, QC Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Digital & Program Management Requisition ID:
170906 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]
Find similar jobs:
Sales and Marketing