"Alexa, play Believer by Imagine Dragons"
Want to transform the way people enjoy music on Alexa? Come join the team that made Amazon Music, Apple Music, Live Radio, Audible books, Kindle books, Podcasts and more available to Alexa customers.
We are looking for a talented and hard-working Sr. Manager, Alexa Audio Quality, who is passionate about innovating on behalf of customers and demonstrates a high degree of ownership and technical acumen. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of talented SDETs and QA Engineers, QAMs responsible for supporting numerous devices, clients and providers. You will own the organization-wide strategy for improving quality. To deliver results for customers, you will be responsible for pursuing big projects and new technologies that improve quality.
The successful candidate will look at the big picture from business and technical perspectives and will have proven experience balancing sustaining and stability issues for a 24x7 environment with new QA development to support the growing scale and complexity. You will be responsible for launching new experiences directly to the customer. A successful candidate will have an established background in setting product, technical, and architectural vision. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
- 7+ years of experience in program or project management
- 7+ years of experience managing teams
- 7+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- Demonstrate deep analytics, including experience with statistical analysis
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to procure and analyze data from SQL and other data stores
- Expert skills in Tableau, Excel and Word (or similar programs)
- Advanced degree in computer science or related field with 9+ years of relevant experience and at least
- Experience with designing tools and frameworks
- Experience with responsibility for teams of 10+ people.
- Experience with performance and scalability testing, latency testing a plus
- Deep understanding of system architecture and experience with large complex distributed transactional systems.
- Experience with a number of different programming languages and test automation technologies
- Can juggle testing of multiple releases with multiple dependencies
- Has experience and conviction around measures to quantify software quality.
- Can propose tradeoffs and provide risk assessment to stakeholders
- Thinks big, has vision and is a vocal leader and can communicate on that vision to team members
- Proven track record to creating and executing on highly effective quality processes
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming