Do you have a deep passion for utilizing technology to empower businesses? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Millions of businesses in 150+ countries, from start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises across all industries, run their operations and applications on AWS. Many Enterprise customers seek help from AWS Professional Services in their transition to a cloud-based IT operating model.
Our Amazon Web Services (AWS) Professional Services organization engages in a wide variety of projects to help our customers and partners remove constraints and accelerate their journey to AWS. We provide the best practices, collective customer experiences, and obsess about strong successes for our customers.
We are hiring a Senior Engagement Manager capable of leading internal AWS, external partners, and customer teams to deliver AWS cloud products and services that enable our customers to realize their business outcomes. You will need to draw on your customer-facing skills and technical acumen to understand customer requirements and enable them to implement their digital transformation projects.
You will be collaborating with many stakeholder groups to support requirements gathering and scope definition. You will be working on an ongoing basis to proactively implement best practices for our customers and help identify and close project gaps working with all levels of organizations. Typical engagements include: Cloud Strategy and Business Case Development, Cloud Suitability and Migration Assessments, Cloud Architecture Design and Implementation, On-Premise to Cloud Migrations, and Cloud Organizational Alignment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ABILITIES INCLUDE
- Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training, and support teams to seek to understand our customers' needs, their business, how success is defined, and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in developing and delivering customer outcomes.
- Plan, organize, and manage all phases of the project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. This includes developing and managing project governance plans, project schedules, team goals, project milestones, budgets and defining success criteria.
- Manage engagement goals and lead teams to achieve customers' business outcomes by managing issues, risks, decisions, dependencies, and action items.
- Work with stakeholders and AWS sales teams to amend the contractual scope, financials, and expected timelines
- Ability to take ownership, work under pressure, stay within budget, and meet deadlines
- Hold internal and external teams accountable, redirect when needed, and manage customer expectations throughout engagements.
- Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and able to take proactive steps to ensure teams meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to be self-directed and effective working independently, yet equally comfortable contributing in a global team environment
- Results-oriented, prioritizes work activities, plans and stays organized in order to meet commitments.
- Ensures AWS and Partner teams meet or exceed customer business objectives
- Lead individuals, teams, or multiple groups and play an active role in analyzing project goals, creating a plan to achieve those goals, and then guiding AWS team members, customer stakeholders/SMEs and potentially other third parties to achieve those goals while understanding the client environment and any limitations to execution.
- Actively looks for ways to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of requirements to execute.
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plans with limited guidance.
- Ability to apply business and financial acumen to achieve measurable business results for customer success.
- Support and influence the sales lifecycle by engaging clients in defining next phases of cloud projects as appropriate to meet client needs.
- Participate in practice development by contributing to the development of practical solutions and methodologies, and the development of knowledge sharing artifacts.
- Outstanding written, verbal communication, and presentation skills with team members and audiences of all levels.
- Ability to build relationships with various customer and internal AWS stakeholders which consists of senior leadership teams (C-level execs, SVP/VP, Directors) and project level resources such as SMEs.
- Plans and oversees the preparation and distribution of project communications.
- Understand the operating styles of others as well as team/client relationships, team dynamics, and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed. Recognizes environmental or cultural nuances and adapts.
- Foster an inclusive and diverse work environment.
- Proven success in working with teams and executive leadership in a complex customer environment.
- Team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote), sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or organizations involved with or affected by the project.
- Proven experience working in a matrix environment, managing multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through others who are not direct reports.
As a member of the AWS Professional Services team, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing comprehensive learning and mentorship programs
This is a customer-facing role. You may be required to travel to customer locations to deliver professional services when needed when travel resumes. We offer a flexible work environment to help you balance your work and personal life, while still remaining customer obsessed. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 8+ years experience leading and delivering enterprise-level IT engagements.
- 8+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience, with proven ability to build trusted relationships with senior business and technology leaders (up to and including CxO).
- Customer facing experience, interfacing with executive stakeholders, and leading delivery for large transformation programs
- Demonstrated experience leveraging project management and agile methodologies on enterprise level engagements and the ability to apply them across large, complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- MBA or Master's degree in a management, technical or engineering field.
- Expertise in project management and agile best practices across large and complex engagements.
- Managed technical projects consisting of 8 or more people totaling over $1,000,000 budget.
- Experience collaborating with systems integrators and third parties during delivery
- Experience in cloud transformation programs and initiatives.
- Has presented to C-level executives and/or senior leadership teams
- Understanding of technology principles and services including infrastructure, business applications, data management, security, application platforms, and consumer-facing technology.
- Active project management certification.
- AWS Experience and Certifications.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive