At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us. Who we are
We are Rogers, a dynamic Canadian media and telecommunications company. Innovation is our legacy and building a brilliant digital future is our mission. As a leading Canadian company, we are passionate about winning and committed to pursuing the best. This translates into everything we do, including the selection of a candidate.
Rogers Digital team is seeking a Sr. Business Systems Analyst to work on project definition, documentation and delivery for the Rogers and Fido front end delivery teams. Reporting to the Sr. Manager BSA, the successful candidate will add significant value to the delivery of effective Digital solutions for high profile Rogers & Fido initiatives that enhance both consumer and business customer experience. This position involves the following primary responsibilities:
- Document internal business user and functional specification requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, and task and workflow analysis in moderate to highly complex environments.
- Prepare documentation on expected benefits, use cases, current/proposed process, workflows, data flows, process re-engineering studies, functional specifications, risk integration, end-user adoption plans/ guides and organization structures.
- Interact with the users of the functional applications to understand their needs and to anticipate ways in which technological solutions can enhance the business processes.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Design and Delivery teams to achieve a holistic solution
- Provide excellent cross-organizational communications and subject matter expertise.
- Review the technical design, development and implementation plan and vendor statement of work for assigned projects.
- Represent project stakeholders throughout project delivery.
- Preparation of system documentation including T-shirt sizing, Requirements Matrix, PS1, PS2, Solution Design Specifications and testing guidelines following the IT System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Conduct project review sessions, obtain sign offs, and coordinate acceptance tests to ensure timely delivery of requirements.
- Interact with Systems Analyst/Programmers to ensure that questions and discrepancies about specifications are resolved during the solution development process.
- Conduct Gap Analysis.
- Provide implementation support and assist with post implementation support
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Must be Bilingual in English and French (Oral, Writing, Reading)
- 5 - 8 years' experience as a Business Systems Analyst preferably with knowledge of Telecommunications products.
- 3 to 5 years' experience using Rogers systems preferred and/or an asset
- Experience with a variety of Project Management, Business Process Management and Software Development Lifecycle methodologies (Waterfall and Agile).
- Demonstrated success working with internal and external business teams to understand and gather requirements and working with project teams to meet expectations.
- Ability to quickly grasp new ideas and solutions, and communicate effectively with colleagues (business and technical staff) and end users.
- Excellent decision-making, verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to build relationships, work collaboratively, and resolve problems with people at all levels in the organization.
- Experience working with external vendors.
- Core Competencies: Customer service orientation; teamwork and collaboration; adaptability; initiative; analytical thinking.
- Role-Specific Competencies: Business Analysis; innovative design skills, problem solving; work-flow analysis; project management.
- Ability to express ideas and facts in a clear and understandable manner, tailoring communication to the intended audience.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Highly developed analytical and logical reasoning skills.
- Excellent time management and priority management skills.
- Proactive, responsive and focused.
- Flexible and possesses a willingness to take on new projects/roles and to contribute to the team's success in a variety of capacities.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task effectively and independently within a fast-paced environment.
- Be a leader on the team, mentor and assist others on the team to achieve excellence
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes for a successful delivery of a project
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
1200 Av. McGill College, # 1620 (904), Montreal, QC Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Technology & Information Technology Requisition ID:
136947 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com
to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]] || [[country]] || QC || Montreal || [[mfield2]] ||