3225 St-Martin West Blvd
Job Family Group:
The hours are flexible work shift Monday - Friday, working minimum 2 night shifts from 1-9 and Saturdays on rotation.
Analyzes new customer credit applications. Makes credit decisions / recommendations in accordance with credit-granting principles.Qualifications:
We're here to help
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on business objectives.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks typically focused on execution and sustainment activities.
- Supports the development of tailored messaging, which may include writing, editing, and distributing communications.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Adjudicates new credit applications within defined limits or recommends credit products based on sound credit granting principles.
- Completes credit analyses to adjudicate credit applications.
- Responds to incoming inquiries in a prompt and professional manner and escalates issues to superiors or other departments.
- Assists customers and conducts all credit and related transactions.
- Keeps current with established processes, policies, and regulations, and knowledge of products, credit policies, services, and relevant legal, regulatory, and technology requirements.
- May contact customers to obtain, clarify, or confirm information.
- Applies and documents sound credit granting applications and lending decisions.
- Follows security and safeguarding procedures to reduce credit/lending risks.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in Business or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 - 7 years of experience with first mortgage underwriting and related transactions - required.
- In-depth pipeline management experience - required.
- Experience with web based approval systems (DU/LP) - required.
- Knowledge of and experience with affordable lending programs (e.g. Illinois Housing Development Authority (IHDA), Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority (WHEDA), National Housing Law Project (NHLP), etc.) - preferred.
- Expert knowledge of real estate lending products, regulatory compliance and secondary market guidelines.
- Working knowledge of competitive marketplace and product offering trends.
- Strong comprehension of HUD Handbook 4155.1 and 4155.2.
- Working knowledge of credit policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of credit scoring, portfolio management, and risk management concepts.
- Working knowledge of cash flow, credit, and evaluating collateral.
- Strong experience in credit financial analysis.
- Working knowledge of financial statements analysis and review of tax returns.
- Knowledge of lending products and processes - Working.
- Knowledge of operational processes and supporting applications and policies - In-depth.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Customer Service and Support