800 rue de la Gauchetiere O
Job Family Group:
Analyzes new customer credit applications. Makes credit decisions / recommendations in accordance with credit-granting principles.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on business objectives.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Monitors and tracks performance and addresses any issues.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Supports the development of tailored messaging, which may include writing, editing, and distributing communications.
- Executes routine tasks (e.g. service requests, transactions, queries etc.) within relevant service level agreements.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Adjudicates new credit applications within defined limits or recommends credit products based on sound credit granting principles.
- Completes credit analyses to adjudicate credit applications.
- Responds to incoming inquiries in a prompt and professional manner and escalates issues to superiors or other departments.
- Assists customers and conducts all credit and related transactions.
- Keeps current with established processes, policies, and regulations, and knowledge of products, credit policies, services, and relevant legal, regulatory, and technology requirements.
- May contact customers to obtain, clarify, or confirm information.
- Applies and documents sound credit granting applications and lending decisions.
- Follows security and safeguarding procedures to reduce credit/lending risks.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically between 8+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in Business or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years of mortgage underwriting experience - required.
- Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in the U.S. - required.
- Strong comprehension of HUD Handbook 4155.1 and 4155.2 in the U.S. - required.
- Prior relationship management experience - preferred.
- Expertise in credit and lending products, related regulatory requirements, and secondary market guidelines.
- Experience with web-based approval systems (DU/LP) - required.
- In-depth pipeline management - required.
- Strong comprehension of complicated income structures, including income from multiple sources (e.g. self-employment, rental or trust income, etc.).
- In-depth knowledge of competitive marketplace and trends in product offerings.
- Ability to identify/manage potential risk.
- In-depth knowledge of cash flow, credit, and evaluating collateral.
- In-depth knowledge of complex credit request structures that minimize risk while providing business value to the customer.
- Working knowledge of credit policies, procedures, principles, and philosophy.
- Thorough knowledge of software used to capture credit applications.
- Strong ability to analyze complex financials and tax returns.
- Strong familiarity with credit financial analysis techniques.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
- Bilingual (English, French) - mandatory.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Customer Service and Support