Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal; Fredericton; Gatineau; Moncton; Quebec City; Saint John; SherbrookeOur Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
Be part of a firm where you are valued for your unique strengths and where everyone feels a sense of belonging .
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
A role with Deloitte's Canadian Delivery Centre is an opportunity to work on impactful projects, leverage state-of-the-art technologies, and develop your analytical thinking and business management skills.What will your typical day look like?
- Be part of a firm where you are valued for your unique strengths and where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
We are looking for a Solution Manager to join the core leadership within our Canadian Delivery Centre (CDC) team of the practice.
- You will lead teams, often composed of client and Deloitte resources, to deliver software applications and on-going operate services for multiple client engagements at a time.
- You will have a history as a senior developer, and will feel very comfortable translating technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- On top of regular delivery work, you provide our clients with advice on digital change, identifying technical debt and recommending improvements to architecture.
- Lead a team of developers within the CDC and participate in code reviews to help them grow inside the team.
- Meaningfully contribute to agile ceremonies including refinement, planning, scrums, and retrospectives.
- Over time, build out insights and knowledge of the industries that we work.
What we offer you to succeed:
About the team
- Training and certifications
- Top professionals to coach and develop you as a professional
- Opportunities to work with leading Canadian and global companies
- An open mind for new ideas
- A dynamic and energetic workplace
- Leading methods and tools
Within the Canadian Delivery Centre (CDC) you will have the opportunity to lead a growing team of talented solution developers delivering best-in-class operate services for Deloitte Digital clients. As an extension of Deloitte Digital's Front-End Engineering team, you will also gain experience with Deloitte's methodologies and leverage user-centric thinking and design capabilities to implement new technologies and cloud solutions that are most in demand by our clients.Enough about us, let's talk about you
As a Manager, you will have:
- A bachelor or higher degree combined with 6+ years of post-graduate experience, preferably in client-facing consulting role(s)
- Experience producing web / mobile / enterprise solutions in a professional development environment
- Experience with leading teams, working with others to solve problems and mentoring junior developers
- Comfort with participating in sales pursuits, managing budgets and estimating build work
- Experience in agile development environments, including ceremonies such as backlog refinement, sprint planning, and restrospectives
- A passion for building positive client and peer relationships by developing an understanding of customer's business and project scope and can translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills (English and/or French)
- A proactive approach to resolving conflicts and escalations
- A positive impact on team culture, with a focus on inclusion and diversity
Our shared values
- You are a subject matter expert in back-end development (e.g. Rails, Python, Java, NodeJS), design (e.g. UX expertise, Photoshop, Sketch), cloud technologies (Amazon AWS, Firebase, Azure), microservices, iOS development, etc.
- You have experience translating designs and wireframes into high quality, responsive websites with performance and accessibility in mind
- You love optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers (browser testing and accessibility testing)
- You have worked with Webpack, Parcel, Gulp, Browserify and the Command Line Interface (CLI) is your best friend
- You know and understand git and have lots of experience with Bitbucket, Github and how they integrate with tools such as Jira. Knowledge of comparable source control tools (e.g. SVN) are also valuable
- You can build reusable and maintainable components (Angular, React) and front-end UI libraries for rapid development
- You are familiar with RESTful APIs and have knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- You have used a TDD approach for unit tests and can recommend the best tools are for the task
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Consulting, Engineer, Equity, Developer, Manager, Technology, Finance, Engineering, Management
Apply now "
Management and Executive