Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Job Description Deloitte Omnia, Deloitte's Artificial Intelligence practice
is comprised of specialized experts with hands-on experience, and cutting-edge information assets that facilitate successful Artificial Intelligence (AI) transformations. We develop AI-enabled solutions to address all aspects of a client's transformative journey with disciplined focus on business outcomes. Your role at Deloitte
As a Solution Designer, Big Data Administrator
based in our Montreal Delivery Centre, you will be part of a dedicated technical team that delivers new solutions to our clients. You will play an active role throughout the entire engagement cycle while specializing in technical solutions including Big Data, Traditional Database, Data Management and Data Integration solutions. You will also leverage your technical savviness and understanding of SDLC to support delivery of solutions leveraging adjacent and complementary technologies.
Deloitte, one of Canada's leading professional services firms, provides audit, tax, enterprise risk, consulting, and financial advisory services through more than 8,000 people in 50 offices. Our professional services are diverse - from forensic accounting, control assurance, security services, risk management, strategy consulting and enterprise applications, including Oracle, SAP, Cognos, technology services to indirect tax, accounting, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions and personal tax and financial planning. But they all have one thing in common: helping our clients excel. Key Responsibilities and Job Functions:
- Daily monitoring of a data lake environment (HDP & HDF) environments
- Various data lake application tuning (HDP, HDF, NiFi, Atlas, Ranger, etc.), database design changes, trouble-shooting, and general data lake application designs
- Responsible for applying version upgrades to data lake environment and changes to multiple environments in support of the software development lifecycle
- Use Hortonworks productivity tools to perform database (Ambari, Grafana) administration functions and automate processes when appropriate
- Provide on-call support for the enterprise data lake
- Assists with data lake design and modeling of large, multi-user data/storage retrieval and data connectivity solutions
- Thorough understanding/experience of backup and recovery principles applicable to Hortonworks environment
Qualifications Mandatory Experience and Education:
- Undergraduate degree
- Currently possesses or able to obtain a Government of Canada Security Clearance at the Enhanced Reliability level
- 3-5 years using Hortonworks big data platform (Data Lake) as an administrator
- At least 2 projects in an administration capacity with at least 80% of the following tools:
- HDP (HDFS, Hive, Hbase, Oozie, Zookeeper, Ambari Infra, Atlas, Kafka, Knox, Log Search, Ranger, RangerKMS, SmartSense, Spark2, Zeppelin, PostgreSQL)
- HDF (Zookeeper, Ambari Infra, Kafka, Log Search, Ranger, NiFi, NiFi Registry, PostgreSQL)
- Azure VM using Linux RedHat.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply