Description SOFTWARE ENGINEERWhat to expect as a Software Engineer at Elastic Path?
Elastic Path is taking e-commerce services to the next level, and it requires passionate and creative product-centric engineers to support this effort. We encourage a culture of invention, empower our people to be remarkable, and operate in a real-time learning environment.
You'll work as part of the Product team responsible for enhancing and supporting our enterprise e-commerce product and will own your work throughout the development lifecycle. You'll thrive on autonomy as well as pushing the boundaries of what you can accomplish. You'll enjoy experimenting with new ways to solve complex problems.
We are looking for someone with strong enterprise-level Java development experience.
Some of our technical stack highlights include Java, JPA, Spring Framework, Apache Camel, ActiveMQ, and Apache SOLR but we value experience and enthusiasm for learning more than detailed knowledge of specific technologies. Location:
We are looking for candidates to be based anywhere in Canada. Elastic Path is a Remote First employer, and you'll have the tools to work from wherever suits you best. What can you expect from working on the Elastic Path Commerce Product Team?
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Work on the leading adaptable, enterprise-level, API-driven Commerce Engine.
- Help world-class clients such as Tesla, Intuit, Pokemon, T-Mobile, and Comcast.
- Be part of a close-knit team that pushes the boundaries of Java-based development.
- Learn new concepts/frameworks/patterns, apply it to interesting problems, repeat.
- Mentor others and be mentored, grow your capabilities in a supportive environment.
- Work with smart, capable people who share common goals, and be part of a great team.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the security capabilities of Elastic Path, its systems, technology, software products and SaaS offerings.
- Enjoy what you do, every day.
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- Implement stories according to design with a focus on scalability, configurability, resilience, and performance.
- Investigate and implement solutions for defects raised by customers.
- Construct automated tests to prevent regressions in both new features and bugfixes.
- Participate in code reviews on pull requests by other team Software Engineers.
- Suggest process improvements and opportunities to automate tedious or repetitive tasks.
Bonus Points for:Who we are:
- 2+ years of experience developing enterprise software products.
- Razor sharp Java skills.
- Experience with dependency injection and Inversion of Control frameworks.
- Ability to implement code that is both thread-safe and able to handle extremely high volumes.
- Strong Java debugging skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Can-do attitude.
Elastic Path is the company powering mission-critical digital commerce for the world's leading brands, such as Tesla, Intuit, Pokemon, T-Mobile, and Comcast, and over 250 other leading enterprises. We pioneered the Headless Commerce space in 2011 and spearheaded Composable Commerce in 2020. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software.
Our culture is best described as supportive and driven. Our employees are passionate about what they do and work hard. And they are committed to the greater team, always willing to support others.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.The Perks?
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits, wherever you may be located. You can check out our specific perks by geography on our careers page .Apply Now!
Elastic Path is a Remote First employer so you'll have the tools to work from wherever you are based.
Elastic Path is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value and celebrate diversity in its many forms, and we strive to provide an inclusive and safe workplace where each person feels respected, supported, and accepted - however they choose to identify.
Software and Programming