AWS Directory Service team is looking for an enterprising software development manager (SDM) to help build a fast growing engineering team to design, develop and launch large scale global AWS services.
The AWS Identity team are pioneers in cloud identity access management, security and providing massively scaled, distributed platform capabilities to all of AWS services. AWS Directory Service (DS), a core offering of AWS Identity enables managed, scalable and highly available directory solutions for enterprise needs. We are growing fast, investing in exciting new capabilities to expand our solutions portfolio and need passionate engineering leaders to help build some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world.
If below resonates with you then we should definitely talk, feel free to ping me on Linkedin.
You are good at finding, nurturing talent and building high performance engineering teams.
You enjoy delivering simple solutions to complex business problems that delight our Customers.
Ambiguity excites you, you see challenges as growth opportunities for yourself and your team.
You value work-life balance and don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, hence will work with the team to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant.
You have a healthy mix of technical depth and business acumen and are effective at driving cross-team consensus to deliver optimal solutions.
You have the hunger to continuously learn & develop yourself and help others you lead grow.
You enjoy working on a diverse team or with a diverse range of people.
As the SDM of this new team, you will be responsible for the structure and strategy of the development team. You'll own the goals, end-to-end development, and support of your team's roadmap. You'll work with stakeholders across AWS to collaborate and launch new services. You will own ensuring your service can scale to support the AWS Windows workload story; integrating with multiple AWS services across all AWS regions. You will partner with engineering managers and senior engineers to coach your team through scalable and highly-available technology choices. If this excites you, come join us in Vancouver, Canada and help AWS continue to write the cloud computing story for the industry.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to non-technical leaders.
- Proven track record of designing and delivering large-scale, highly-available, low-latency, high-quality systems and software products
- Deep knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
- Understanding of Identity Systems, LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory is a plus
- Experience using machine learning techniques is a plus
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming