Preserving Trust in Amazon with every customer, every transaction, every second is our mission. We do this by identifying and removing bad actors from the platform, while supporting a best-in-class customer experience. Amazon has hundreds of millions of customers, sellers, and developers all over the world that rely on Amazon products and services. Our success comes from preventing bad actors from abusing these products and undermining the trust customers have in them. We are handling massive scale. Amazon is one of a kind in the number of customers served, transactions processed, and products handled.
We're looking for a SDE with an interest in fraud prevention to help outwit the bad actors. They will be highly impactful with their overall operational excellence influence for the organization. They will work closely with a talented tech team of Software Development Engineers(SDEs) to understand features and technical implementation, develop robust automation solutions that enhances the team's ability to continuously deliver value to our customers. They will innovate with solutions that decreases the overall maintenance and operational overhead of our software systems. If you like creating applications to solve technically complex problems, working directly with your customers and making hard operational tasks easy, this is the job for you!
The ideal candidate for our team is passionate about creative solutions to our technical problems. You have technical curiosity, drive for results, but at the same time you embody ownership at the business level and contribute to product development. You should be able to work directly with your customers and senior engineers to articulate requirements and understand the best path for delivering the needed functionality. You should be able to write clear and maintainable documentation and code, and be familiar with both unit testing and front-end testing. You will own the entire suite of tools, from system design to implementation, release, operation, and continuous, iterative improvement. You will use core AWS technologies. Keys to a successful candidate include an ability to collaborate across large teams, navigating ambiguous situations, and a Customer obsessed focus. You will also have an opportunity to learn new technologies and develop well-rounded skills to grow your career as software development engineer.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. If you have passion to learn and be curious, and want apply your programming and analytical skills to help Amazon grow, this is the opportunity for you.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• A bachelor's degree equivalent or higher in computer science or a related field, or demonstrable equivalent hands-on experience.
• Understanding of continuous integration / continuous deployment and Agile-based software engineering practices.
• Experience supporting and scaling large-scale web-based applications.
• Experience with distributed computing and similar cloud-based server technologies.
• A willingness to help mentor and guide other junior developers.
• An excellent sense of ownership of complex problems and their solutions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, and collaborative problem-solving skills.
• Comfortable working and partnering with other developers, product managers, machine learning scientists, and customer service teams across the organization at different levels.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming