Are you interested in building high-performance, scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you looking for an opportunity to build a highly available, large scale, enterprise-wide software solutions? Does it excite you to find patterns and build generic, composable software solutions to solve complex big data problems? Are you looking for ways to invent newer and simpler ways of building solutions? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? If so, we are looking for you to fill a challenging position in Amazon Finance Technology team.
Amazon Financial Technology Team is looking for a results-oriented software development engineer, who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. We need someone to design and develop services that facilitate global financial transactions worth billions (USD) annually.
As a software development engineer, you will help solve a variety of technical challenges and build highly scalable solutions to solve unique problems for worldwide accounting/finance teams. You will work on big data problems making use of AWS services, design enterprise scaled systems, develop and deploy highly scalable and reliable distributed services. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that, frankly, haven't been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you will learn a ton, have fun and make a huge impact.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be part of a small, close-knit team of engineers that are agile, data driven, and highly collaborative. You will help analyze cost patterns and models, propose ideas and design solutions to some of the most complex problems.
- Primary role is a full stack software engineer designing and building user-friendly and intuitive applications, build big data systems that crunch TB scale of data to automat accounting processes
- Drive best practices and engineering excellence
- Development of code in Java, Scala using Spark, query languages (SQL), scripting languages (Python)
- Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
- Respond to high priority requests from senior business leaders
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
• MS/PhD in Computer Science
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience working with Cloud services (AWS, Azure)
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $143,700 - 194,400/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming