MDA Geospatial Services is strengthening the software development team in support of Radarsat-2 and Radarsat Constellation Mission (RCM) satellites operations in St. Hubert, QC. Radarsat-2 is a Canadian commercial satellite and provides high-resolution SAR imagery to customers around the world. The Radarsat-2 team is looking to maintain and enhance the suite of Radarsat-2 Web Services. RCM is a constellation of 3 satellites which provides high-resolution SAR imagery.
The Software Developer will work under the supervision of the Lead Software Engineer to maintain and to provide upgrades to existing web services and web applications, including the Order Desk Web Service (ODWS), the Acquisition Planning Tool Web Service (APTWS), the Radarsat-2 Web Service (RS2WS) using established software engineer principles and software configuration management techniques. The Software Developer will also be taking part in the maintenance and support of different Ground System applications associated with the RCM mission.
This position is located at the MDA Control Centre, Canadian Space Agency Headquarters, in St Hubert, PQ. Responsibilities
- Perform software engineering to develop and to maintain new and existing web service applications for RADARSAT-2: designs system enhancements, propose and execute implementation and test plans on one or more web services
- Perform software engineering to develop and to maintain ground system applications for RCM
- Interact with operations team to provide support.
- Document the various software development phases such as requirement, design, test plan, and maintenance plan.
- Tool development to support Mission planning system maintenance and automation
- Other duties as needs, priorities, and skills allow.
Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
- Completed post-secondary education (B.Sc, M.Sc. or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline. IT Diploma and experiences will also be considered.
- 3-5 years related experience in software development preferred
- Experience with Perl, Python, C#, Visual Studio, XML, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL and Jenkins would be an asset.
- Good team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Initiative, follow-through and excellent organizational skills.
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019