MDA Geospatial Services is strengthening the software development team in support of RADARSAT-2 and RADARSAT Constellation Mission (RCM) satellites operations in St. Hubert, QC. RADARSAT-2 is a Canadian commercial satellite and provides high-resolution SAR imagery to customers around the world. The RADARSAT-2 team is looking to maintain and enhance the suite of RADARSAT-2 Web Services and applications. RCM is the evolution of RADARSAT and is a government-owned system, providing a large amount of data to government departments for operational monitoring over wide areas
The Software Developer will work under the supervision of the Lead Software Developer to maintain and to provide upgrades to existing web services and web applications using established software development principles and software configuration management techniques. The developer will also participate in the maintenance of RCM ground systems such as planning, control and image quality.
This position is located at the MDA Control Centre, Canadian Space Agency Headquarters, in St Hubert, PQ. Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities:
- Perform software development engineering to create and to maintain new and existing web service, standalone and web applications for RADARSAT-2: designs system enhancements, propose and execute implementation and test plans
- Document the various software development phases such as requirement, design, test plan, and maintenance plan.
- Software tool development to support Mission planning system maintenance and automation
- Perform software development to create and to maintain RCM applications: designs system enhancements, propose and execute implementation and test plans
- Other duties as needs, priorities, and skills allow.
Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
- Completed post-secondary education (B.Sc, M.Sc. or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline. Equivalent combination of education and experiences will also be considered.
- 3-5 years related experience in software development preferred
- Knowledge of Java, Java EE, Web Services, C++, SQL, XML, Glassfish, Apache, JBoss, Maven, Visual Studio and SVN
- Knowledge of complete Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with Perl, C#, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, GIS, Netbeans, Eclipse and Jenkins, PowerShell would be an asset.
- Good team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Initiative, follow-through and excellent organizational skills.
- Able to solve problems in an operational environment, especially with time constraints.
- Must be able to qualify for Secret level security clearance.
Posted: August 9, 2018
Closes: September 15, 2018