Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal; Calgary; Toronto; Vancouver
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office. At an increasing rate organizations and their inability to effectively respond to incidents makes headlines tarnishing their brand. Are you interested in helping clients prevent those threats? Read more below.What will your typical day look like?
As part of Risk Advisory Professional Services Team, you will work with clients and internal teams to design and implement SIEM solutions to meet requirements that enforces standards, best practices, methodologies and enable maturity of logging and threat monitoring. You will carry out client presentations, pilots, prototypes, or proof of concepts. As part of the project, you will also be responsible for the technical delivery of the project including implementing the critical SIEM components, integrating log sources and developing use cases; as well as working with Project Managers to ensure timelines are met with our defined standards.About the team
Deloitte Cyber helps organizations perform better, solving complex problems so they can build confident futures. Smarter, faster, more connected futures-for business, for people, and for the planet. As a recognized leader in cybersecurity consulting, Deloitte Cyber can help better align cyber risk strategy and investments with strategic business priorities, improve threat awareness and visibility, and strengthen our clients' ability to thrive in the face of cyber incidents. Using human insight, technological innovation and comprehensive cyber solutions, we manage cyber everywhere, so society can go anywhere.Enough about us, let's talk about you
As a SIEM Specialist you will:
• Architect, design & implement large-scale SIEM projects
• Integrate log sources, including developing of custom parsers
• Define and develop use cases (correlation rules, dashboards, reporting, etc.)
• Adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and technology assistance at all organizational levels, particularly senior management.
• Provide strategic thinking, SIEM solutions and roadmaps while driving architectural recommendations
• Architect end-to-end SIEM solutions including cost estimates
• Define pros and cons of solution options to arrive at consensus around architecture decisions.
• Define strategic multi-year roadmap, SIEM reference architectures and architecture standards for clients.
• Lead proof of concept efforts for candidate architectures.
• Assist in the remediation of application stability and performance.
• Work with product management areas to establish required SIEM infrastructures and frameworks.
• Perform product evaluations and proof of concepts
• Develop the practice and support junior resources with the delivery of SIEM mandates
As SIEM Architect, you have:
• 3+ years' experience designing SIEM solutions, preferably Splunk, QRadar, and Sentinel
• Solid understanding of cloud infrastructures such as Azure, AWS, GCP
• Good understanding of security principles, guidlines and international standards/policies such as ISO, ISMS
• Can advise on SIEM health monitoring and health checks
• Knowledge and understanding of diverse platforms and operating systems, including current and emerging technologies
• Knowledge and understanding of IT network principles
• Ability to influence teams to a future state while understanding the need to make practical decisions along the way.
• Excellent facilitation, discovery, analysis, prototyping, and implementing skills.
• Self-initiated individual who consistently delivers high quality results with limited guidance and willingly trains, guides and positively influences others.
• Effectively communicates to diverse technical and nontechnical audiences, including developers, technical leads, peer architects, delivery owners, business owners, senior leaders, etc.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and must be able to manage multiple requests at the same time.
• High motivation, self-starting, ability to work with minimal direct supervision, takes ownership.
• Be able to obtain Canadian Security Clearances (considered a plus)Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.