800 rue de la Gauchetiere O
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
Temporary Position- 12 month contract
Schedule: Full-time (37.5 hours/week), Monday to Friday , availability between 7:00AM and 7:00PM including statutory holidays
- There may be a requirement to periodically work extra hours as dictated by the business..
- Will be required to work on statutory holidays and/or follow US holiday schedule as applicable.
Location : Place Bonaventure, 800 de la Gauchetiere W., Montreal
Department : Harris ProcessingNOTE; This is a 12 month contract
Payments Operations is the centralized wire hub for the Enterprise and serves as the first line of defence for wire payment processing of incoming and outgoing inter-bank, corporate and retail wire payments executed through the primary wire payment system
(PSH). In addition to critical operational considerations, namely timely and complete processing of wires, the Unit executes key compliance control processes for required wire data elements and sanctions screening pursuant to applicable sanctions laws and regulations as well as providing post-execution wire payment support. This service is provided on behalf of other operating units as well as domestic branches within the Bank of Montreal group of companies for payments made to or received from correspondent banks worldwide.
The following mandate and areas of accountability are all relative to the product and services provided by the unit as detailed above.
Provides support and delivers specific operational processes to ensure timely and accurate settlement of Security, Derivative, Foreign Exchange and Money Market transactions executed globally, and confirms the activity is accurately recorded in the bank's book of records. Specific operational processes include pre and post settlement support related to account opening, confirmation, cash management, margin, and collateralization. Also provides support for specialized operations - Asset Servicing (corporate actions/entitlements), Correspondent Banking Services, and the Wire Payment Operations hub for the bank. Ensures compliance with all regulatory topics and reporting requirements related to the products and processes it supports.
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks typically focused on execution and sustainment activities.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Executes routine tasks such as service requests, transactions, queries etc within relevant service level agreements.
- Follows documented policies and procedures to execute day to day transactions, activities, processes and ensure all Service Level Agreements(SLAs) are met. Checks and reconciles information and documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Identifies and analyzes issues and problems, and resolves discrepancies in a timely manner. Deals with clients directly to resolve issues and/or escalates as required.
- Communicates and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders to execute work and fulfill service delivery expectations.
- Collaborates in development/implementation of new processes/systems and changes/improvements to existing systems and processes.
- Understands the regulatory requirements and risks inherent in the operations and ensures appropriate actions are taken and operational integrity is maintained.
- Supports the development of tools and delivery of training focused on delivering business results.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps; escalates as required.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically between 1-2 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience using relevant systems and technology.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business units key products and services, processes and controls Good.
- Knowledge of the risk and regulatory requirements of the business Good.
- Prioritization skills Good.
- Customer service skills Good.
- PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Good.
- Basic specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Customer Service and Support