Service Representative II
Reference ID: 1900003933
Temporary position- 3 to 6 months
Location : Place Bonaventure, 800 de la Gauchetiere W., Montreal
Department : Audit and Control
The Service Representative, Audit & Control, is responsible for auditing reports and cross-referencing with the general ledger.
• Fulfill standard, routine transactions, internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries/ requests, and/or audit/ reconciliation activities efficiently and effectively in accordance with Bank and industry standards, focusing on the immediate time horizon.
• Follow procedures and supervisory direction to resolve standard, straightforward internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries/ requests, referring non-routine issues to more senior team members.
A. Product & Process
• Process and/or fulfill transactions, perform audit/ reconciliation activities and/or other routine activities in accordance with established priorities and deadlines on a timely, accurate and efficient basis.
• Identify and resolve discrepancies that are of a routine or repetitive nature in accordance with standard procedures.
• Record and verify data for processing and/or further handling.
• Respond directly to standard inquiries, instructions or transactions from internal business partners and/or external customers, or other Product Operations (PO) teams according to guidelines.
• Perform administrative tasks such as distributing/ collecting documentation and information to or from other internal departments or institutions, archiving historical documentation, assisting in the preparation of management reports, reconciling activities on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
• Provide input into the continuous improvement of business processes and procedures within the scope of the work team.
• Participate in the testing and/or implementation of projects and new/ revised products/ services or processes, as assigned.
B. Risk & Control
• Escalate issues, where necessary, as per guidelines.
• Ensure quality control standards are met for own work prior to proceeding with each workflow activity, as required by procedures.
• Ensure adherence to all aspects of FirstPrinciples, Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Corporate Policy, as well as all applicable legislation, regulatory rules and requirements, and Bank standards, policies and procedures (P&Ps) for such things as potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business
• High school diploma or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of standard desktop applications used by the business unit
• Knowledge and understanding of the business unit's key products and services, processes and controls
• Understanding of risk and regulatory requirements of the role
• Some knowledge of departmental systems and applications
• Basic investigation skills
• Basic customer service skills
• Good sorting and organizational skills
• Good written and oral communication skills in French and English
• Ability to meet the demands of a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted: March 16, 2019
Closes: May 15, 2019