EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Our Transaction Advisory Services practice is currently looking for a Senior
to join our Valuation team
. About Valuation, Modelling and Economics
As part of EY's VME practice we are committed to providing the highest quality strategic valuation services for matters such as acquisitions, divestitures, financings, reorganizations, financial reporting, dispute resolution and decision making. The VME team helps clients understand the value of their business, their securities, intellectual property, capital equipment, intangibles, and other assets. Our services include:
• Formal valuation opinions that may be required for compliance, regulatory or other purposes. Responsibilities:
• Fairness opinions to help companies fulfill their fiduciary duties by providing independent financial analysis for shareholders and boards of directors.
• Valuation analysis and estimates for strategic planning, tax reorganizations and a variety of other purposes.
• Financial Reporting - Recommendations of fair value of tangible and intangible assets to support financial statement assertions (e.g., purchase price allocation, goodwill impairment, asset impairment, investments in private companies, complex securities, financial instruments, etc.).
• Litigation Support - Expert assistance and advice on financial and economic issues to assist clients in resolving disputes.
• Decision Modelling - Decision analysis models for risk assessment, business planning, and other complex data analysis requirements. Services include model design, build and review.
• Analytics - Robust quantitative analysis and insight through leveraging advanced data science, mathematics, and statistical skills; to provide evidenced-based analytics that inform our clients' strategic and operational decision making.
• Economic Advisory - Applying economic principles and models to address client needs in the areas of policy, regulation and commercial decision making.
You will be responsible for participating and assisting in valuation and financial analyses and applying valuation theories and approaches, including: researching and gathering relevant information; analyzing information; participating in the formulation of valuation approaches; developing valuation models; and assisting in the preparation of valuation reports for a variety of purposes such as tax, financial reporting, valuations, and litigation.
• Serve as a member of multiple client engagement teams
• Identify issues and propose solutions
• Actively contribute to report writing and detailed valuation analyses and financial modelling
• Commit to attaining a professional qualification such as CBV
• Demonstrate ability to listen to clients and to address clients' needs
• Maintain and develop positive, productive, and professional relationships with colleagues and clients
• Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility towards engagement team members
• Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business
• Use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided
We are interested in candidates who have:
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting with demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Attained CPA or in the final stages of pursuing CPA designation
• Strong financial modelling and analysis skills
• Ability to synthesize client's information and understand key business drivers
• Working knowledge of Canadian and International Finance and Accounting concepts and principles
• Ability to manage time spent against budget, and work alongside team members to ensure the timely completion of work deliverables
• Excellent analytical, project management, multi-tasking, communication, organizational, teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• PC proficiency including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Depending on the needs of other sub-service lines within EY's Transaction Advisory Services practice, from time to time, you may be called upon to work in those sub-service lines. This position requires travel, as necessary. EY is committed to diversity, accessibility and equity. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.