Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global team of operational transaction specialists who deliver high quality advice to our clients. The opportunity
Our Operational Transaction Services group facilitates the M&A integration/carve-out process, working with cross-functional teams of both the acquiring and acquired organizations. We currently have a career opportunity for a Senior.
Your key responsibilities
• As a Senior, you will perform: • Operational due diligence, stand-alone costing, one-time cost development, operating model design • Integration planning and execution (Integration Management Office) • Carve-out or divestiture planning and execution (Carve-out Management Office) • Synergy identification, validation and realization • Development of Transitional Services Agreements • Development of M&A and integration playbook • Work in client engagement teams to execute integration or carve-out services. • Support key client decision makers in developing and executing their transaction strategy to secure deal value. • Assist in identifying risks and issues related to integration planning, timelines, and functional areas. • This position requires a willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time. Skills and attributes for success
Work with team members on project execution, project management, problem-solving, and facilitation.
Assist in business development activities including preparing presentations and attending pursuit meetings with clients to help sell work.
Be responsible for fostering an open and inclusive work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
• A solid understanding of integrations, carve-outs, and other types of transaction engagements. Ideally, you'll also have
• Bachelor's degree and minimum 3 years of related work experience related to mergers, acquisitions, and divestiture transactions with at least one major transaction preferably on the operational and integration side.
• Experience related to mergers, acquisitions, and divestiture transactions with at least one major transaction preferably on the operational and integration side.
• Ability to travel to the United States for work on short notice.
• Some experience in due diligence (operational or financial) is a plus. What we look for
• Project management experience is a strong plus.
• Functional experience in Human Resource Management and/or Change Management is a plus.
• Functional experience in Information Technology (IT) is a plus.
• Relevant degrees and certifications (MBA, CPA, CMA, CFA, PMP) are a plus.
We're interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients' goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance