The Senior Technology Consultant is accountable to monitor and deliver on daily financial / non financial goals in Capital Goods (Divisions 1, 2, 3). Primarily a sales position, they will spend the majority of their time with customers, maximizing sales and earnings. The Senior Technology Consultant will work actively with management to develop and reinforce the selling culture, leverage customer relationships to drive sales, and maintain company merchandising standards. Responsible to ensure customer satisfaction both in store and post sales. Takes a lead role in providing guidance, training and coaching to associates as required on company initiatives, sales programs and product knowledge. Primary Responsibilities:
• Maximizes department sales opportunities by leveraging the sales capabilities of the Technology Consultant and associates by using current selling techniques and company programs.
• Leads selling in the department and cultivates a selling culture with associates working in the department in order to achieve current goals and targets.
• Partners with management to identify and achieve short and long term goals for the technology department. Ensures team understands connection between store financial success and bonus programs.
• Assesses team member selling and technical skill sets and trains and develops action plans for growth.
• Performs follow up calls to solicit feedback on sales, promote additional products and services where applicable.
• Ensures associates awareness of, compliance and understanding of store training initiatives.
• Effectively resolves customer concerns and escalates to management when appropriate.
• Ensures proper follow-up on all special orders and transfers placed in the department.
• Provide management with relevant sales information. Actions stock level concerns and product problems and follows up with home office as required.
• Prepares quotes on systems and related products when required.
• Accountable to ensure that all security devices (ex. EAS tags, Alpha boxes etc) are placed onto appropriate product as indicated by loss prevention policies.
• Capable to follow RUSCOMP procedures effectively.
• Maintains company merchandising standards, including current pricing, signage, plan-o-grams, promotional planners, ad set-ups and displays.
• Provides coverage and assistance in all areas of the store where business needs require and as associate training supports, including Tech Services.
• Proactively models and ensures team's understanding of and adherence to all privacy policies.
• Models and ensures team properly secures company assets and physical inventory and follows all loss prevention and key control procedures.
• Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist.
• Accountable to understand general company policies and provide guidance to staff as needed.
• Ensures associates check and understand all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portal, etc).
• Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business.
• Ensures the general cleanliness of workstations, lunchroom and washrooms according to company standards is maintained.
• Responsible for the safe and proper use of all store equipment and are required to inform management of any maintenance issues regarding the equipment.
• Promotes and maintains a safe working environment and follows all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
• As per policy, required to have personal parcels (bags, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked by a manager prior to leaving the store premises.
• Demonstrates strong selling ability.
• Demonstrates leadership ability.
• Capacity to communicate with clients effectively using a variety of mediums.
• Ability to resolve clients concerns in a diplomatic manner.
• Ability to make decisions with integrity that supports company guidelines and makes good business sense.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently to effectively to handle their daily responsibilities and serve our customers.
• Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary.
• Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team.
• Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required.
• 3+ Years of Technology Sales experience.
• 1-2 years in a leadership or supervisory role with direct accountability for achieving sales and service targets is preferred.
• Completion of post-secondary education in a technical field is preferred.
• Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress may occur.
• A moderate amount of physical effort is required while placing merchandise, however, you are capable of choosing when to stop and relax.
• Movement of freight by use of ladders and stock pickers is required.
• Required to work a varying work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business. This would include working evenings and weekends as directed by management.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants' needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.